Cant turn on velocity micro Cruz T408

enpedia

Jan 7, 2012
every time i press the power button it starts up then blinks goes back and then few moments late it goes to the start up screen but then it goes back to the velocity micro page and i can move it, it just keeps blinking it annoying and i don't know what wrong with it yesterday all i did with it i rooted and i downloaded google apps market map and that sort i didn't drop it or anything its just did this to me help will be appreciated thanks.

mvalcarc

Jan 10, 2012
the g-apps you installed is what bricked your device. Be very careful when installing apps that aren't meant for this device. it could result in the problem you have now.
Good news is I know how to fix it. But you need a micro SD card. if you dont have one i highly recommend that you get one with an SD adapter
Go the cruztablet.com and download the latest firmware for your device.
Transfer the zip you just downloaded to your micro SD card, and then remove it from your computer.
Put the micro SD into your Cruz, and power it on while holding the volume up button
Once you get the Cruz logo, let go of the power button but keep your finger on the volume button
The screen should go black. and youll see an android icon in the middle of the screen. wait a few moments and a triangle with a question mark in it will appear.
Now press vol+ then power to open to recovery menu, the volume buttons move up and down. power will select and option
Navigate to the second option which lets you install firmware from an external SD card.
Select your firmware that is on you micro SD and hit the power button to install it.
Your cruz should be fixed after firmware is updated :D

Rajiim

Dec 8, 2011
the g-apps you installed is what bricked your device. Be very careful when installing apps that aren't meant for this device. it could result in the problem you have now.
Good news is I know how to fix it. But you need a micro SD card. if you dont have one i highly recommend that you get one with an SD adapter
Go the cruztablet.com and download the latest firmware for your device.
Transfer the zip you just downloaded to your micro SD card, and then remove it from your computer.
Put the micro SD into your Cruz, and power it on while holding the volume up button
Once you get the Cruz logo, let go of the power button but keep your finger on the volume button
The screen should go black. and youll see an android icon in the middle of the screen. wait a few moments and a triangle with a question mark in it will appear.
Now press vol+ then power to open to recovery menu, the volume buttons move up and down. power will select and option
Navigate to the second option which lets you install firmware from an external SD card.
Select your firmware that is on you micro SD and hit the power button to install it.
Your cruz should be fixed after firmware is updated :D

He does need to be careful when installing G-Apps on his Tablet. Once you Reset your Tablet goto my website
Rooting - Cruz T408 Hacks
Click on the Market Link. I've got the files right files and installation directions for our Tablet that will get G-Apps working for you. I'm still
working on my Youtube video for this process. I have one up there for Rooting, not yet for G-Apps.
I have the latest Market Now on mine since the Market Apparently Updated itself!!! I'm Thrilled.

Last edited by a moderator:

benleclair

Jan 11, 2012
Same problem here. Boot looping after installing gapps then rebooting. They were working fine before reboot too.

I installed updated firmware, still stuck in boot loop. Any help?

sarroj

Nov 26, 2012
Me too !!! I upgraded the firmware per the website instructions, and all went well: download & installed problem free. Now, the unit will not power on. I tried going back into the recovery menu, but that won't work either - nothing happens. When I plug the unit in, the green LED charging light does go on. After numerous times, I find that the screen comes on, but all white, and I can hear the "power on" sound and the volume up and down sounds but still just a white screen. Please help !! Thanks.