can't update cwm

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
i used rom manager to flash 3028, but when i booted into recovery it still has me on an older version 3.0.0.5. what am i doing wrong because without the newer cwm i can't flash any roms without getting errors

beastman

May 8, 2011
I have the same problem on my gtablet and started holding the force recovery buttons when it reboots. You might try that.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
First you need to note that you may have the corect version installed but it is not being reflected in the versoin number listed (this was a known issue previously but thought it had been corrected in newer ROM Manager and CWR). Since you are having issues flashing ROMs you might be on 3.0.0.5.

So it depends on which version of ROM Manager you used and which Nook you chose when you flashed CWR. Make sure ROM Manager is 4.0 or higher. From ROM Manager choose "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" then choose "Nook Color" (not old).

Very important REBOOT!

No go back into ROM Manager and choose Reboot Recovery. If all went well you should have the latest CWR installed.

If not the solution is still easy, download the CWR zip file here http://muffinworld.net/android/nookc...mr_3.0.1.0.zip and place it on your SD card. Boot into recovery (3.0.0.5) and flash the zip file which will replace 3.0.0.5. This isn't the newest but will allow you to flash ext3 and ext4. Once you have flashed the ROM you want go to market and get the newest ROM Manager and follow the steps above to get the newest CWR.

JP

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
ok the first half, i read it when it was too late. i had already wiped and all b4 realizing that i was still on the old recovery, then when i restored my system image, it threw me into a boot loop. i did however manage to get the 3010 flashed, would i be able to get 3028 flashed without going through rom manager?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
ok the first half, i read it when it was too late. i had already wiped and all b4 realizing that i was still on the old recovery, then when i restored my system image, it threw me into a boot loop. i did however manage to get the 3010 flashed, would i be able to get 3028 flashed without going through rom manager?

I haven't seen the 3.0.2.8 as a zip file yet. Google is your firend here :)

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
i google it but i just don't trust it. it's on 4shared, but i'd rather see someone on here or xda post the file so at least i know it works

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
still no luck. i have rom manager 4.2. i flashed recovery, then powered down. powered the nook back on, went back into rom manager. it said i was on the newest recovery, but when i rebooted back to recovery, it still has me on 3.0.0.5. i have no idea what i'm doing wrong. i didn't select nook old when flashing recovery

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yep, like I said, I haven't seen an "official" zip file for it yet. Is there a reason you don't want to use ROM Manager?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Go to the android market and install ROM Manager, or check for an update for ROM Manager...that did it for me...

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
i have rom manager, i'm on 4.2, that's how i've been flashing it, but it just keeps reverting to 3005 when i actually reboot into recovery

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
You could always remove CWR from your NC (without breaking root of course) and re-flash it from the updated ROM Manager you have installed, then you would know you have the latest version.

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
i didn't select nook color old....maybe i'll try to remove cwr. i can't do that from rom manager right? i can just install the zip from cwr right, then when i reboot it'll be gone?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Follow the directions on post #3 of the thread in my signature...it will get you fixed up.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
i didn't select nook color old....maybe i'll try to remove cwr. i can't do that from rom manager right? i can just install the zip from cwr right, then when i reboot it'll be gone?

You can follw the sticky on how to remove CWR. One other thought if you don't want to do that is when you flashed the 3.0.1 zip did you clear your cache and dalvik? You can try wiping the caches, then flashing the 3.0.1 zip then try the update flash through ROM Manager. Sounds like you have a clingy 3.0.0.5 and that might clean it enough with the zip flash for the ROM Manager to work.