cant use voice recognition programs

JadeAngel

Oct 7, 2012
I have an eglide 4 XL

Not rooted, nor do I know how.

Voice recording and replay work just fine... but I installed google voice search and it just gives me an error of "audio problem"

I also installed skyvi and it gives the error "device cannot recognize voices" or mic in use by other application.

My dolfin browser's sonar feature doesn't give me a chance to speak before it tells me "I didn catch that" or "I'm getting dizzy"

Any suggestion to fix this? Thanks ahead of time :)

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Are you talking about a EGL25 or an XL Pro 2? IF Pro2, you're in the wrong place...

Either way, I personally have not attempted to use ANY voice software on the Pro2... and have NO IDEE what skyvi is.u m

Tho I can suspect that you might need to kill running apps that use the microphone...

I will install google voice search and see what I can find out.

Perhaps you have too much 'background noise'???

JadeAngel

Oct 7, 2012
Are you talking about a EGL25 or an XL Pro 2? IF Pro2, you're in the wrong place...

Either way, I personally have not attempted to use ANY voice software on the Pro2... and have NO IDEE what skyvi is.u m

Tho I can suspect that you might need to kill running apps that use the microphone...

I will install google voice search and see what I can find out.

Perhaps you have too much 'background noise'???

I bought it at walmart, where it is called "The Ematic eGlide 4 XL Internet Tablet"
The box doesn't have any specification other than ematic internet tablet.

When I open the "about tablet" tab it says "model number EGLXL102B"
When I look up that model number, every website refers to it as the Eglide 4 XL 10"

if by kill running apps you mean going to settings>apps>running (and also cached processes) I have done that already
I restarted the tablet... uninstalled and reinstalled the programs, etc. Though I'll tell you what is running right now just in case

Running
Settings
google services
officesuite
android keyboard

cached
media
launcher
android core apps
1mobile market
calendar storage
officesuite
infotmProvider
clock
email
exchange services
youtube
search (not voice search)
gallery
package access helper

this is just now... last time it wasn't working, same running apps but only the basics were cached

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
You might want to contact eMATIC directly at Ematic

It is possible that your unit (different than the 2 here... kind of a 10" version of the egl25bl) may be defective, as it claims the MIC is in use...

I was able to get the voice-thing installed on my xl pro2 and it 'tries' to work... (meaning I need to talk better?) and I will try the 7" today.

They have a GOOD support system on their site bwo email... see what they say.
:D

JadeAngel

Oct 7, 2012
Just wanted to post quick, I found the user manual it came with, and it is labeled eGlide 4 XL - EGLXL102B

I don't think it's defective, as I've looked up this issue. It is not an uncommon one on android tablets, but all the solutions (everyone did get it working eventually, I have yet to find someone who can not get it working somehow) were different each depending on the tablet type they have.

I called ematic's customer support before. They are as knowledgable as I am (that is... I know how to turn it on, lol) about their own product. They literally read to me from a computer screen, and had to say "ummm.... I don't know... hold on and I'll ask someone" and I had to email back 3 times after I got an email of links unrelated to my problems in response to my call.

Last time I called them about flash, they just sent me the direct link to adobe flash's download page (nevermind the fact that they took it down a long time ago... ematic doesn't seem to keep up with that... AND the fact that ematic 4 and 4xl are not compatible with adobe flash... so to download it, apparently it must be rooted)

That's why I'm here... hoping the ones they SHOULD have hired for customer support (instead of the ones they did hire) are lingering here and may be able to help XD

If anyone has any ideas aside from rooting, I'm all ears :)