Car Charger Info Please read

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I took care if my charging problem months ago.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Tried contacting this Mundo Corp. and could not get a live person. The links on their phone all give their web site. Although their web site does not list any accessories for the tablets. Everything is listed for notebooks, netbooks, and PCs. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Well I was in chat with Acer Support and they gave me the contact info for the company who makes the car charger for the Acer Iconia Tab A100 and A500. Thought I would share.

Mundo Corp Direct Phone #: 1-888-278-7500
Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00 AM-5:00 PM EST

I just checked their website - nothing on their page at all.:confused:

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I bought a charger from witglobal. They are not compatible with the Acer as advertised. Was told to send device back to China and would receive a refund. Postage to China is double what the charger cost. Do not buy from witglobal.

testshoot

Nov 27, 2011
Seems it would greatly reduce clutter not to have a power inverter and then have the AC convert the power back to DC? Are we going from DC to DC for the car, and we should be able to do that with one adapter.

The A500 runs at 12VDC, 1.5A.

What am I missing here? Might want a fuse inbetween, but why can't you go from cigarette lighter adapter to DC barrel connector?

Thanks

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I tried the standard car charger with the "G" adapter and did not notice it working. Being new to it, I picked up the inverter and a second AC power adapter and that is what I am using now. I do plan on revisiting the regular car charger again. The inverter has a fan that makes a bit of noise.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I tried the standard car charger with the "G" adapter and did not notice it working. Being new to it, I picked up the inverter and a second AC power adapter and that is what I am using now. I do plan on revisiting the regular car charger again. The inverter has a fan that makes a bit of noise.
I use a 300w inverter and have had this inverter for the last 4 years and it has been perfect. I plug various gadgets into this inverter without a problem. Good things yours has a fan. The coke-can inverter do not have fans.

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
The inverter charges very fast. The fan, but for versatility it is hard to beat.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum