Car headrest mount

s971001

Jul 21, 2011
Hi all,

I bought a cheap headrest mount for my Acer A500 on eBay to let our son watch movies in the car while driving. It was only $15, but made of brittle plastic that broke before I could install it.

Does anyone have a car headrest mount that actually works for the A500? It seems the ones I find on eBay and Amazon are just slight variations of the crappy one I bought the first time.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I don't know how handy you are with such things, but it strikes me that there are a lot of DVD player cases/kits that hang on headrests.
It might be worth looking for a used one to try to modify for the purpose if you can't find a decent dedicated one.

s971001

Jul 21, 2011
I don't know how handy you are with such things, but it strikes me that there are a lot of DVD player cases/kits that hang on headrests.
It might be worth looking for a used one to try to modify for the purpose if you can't find a decent dedicated one.

Thanks for the tip. I found one here that might work: Amazon.com: DVD Mount for Car - Black: Electronics

I think I'll give this one a shot, if nothing else comes up in the next day or two.