Car lighter adapter - MID7024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
7024 uses 9V as 1024? So I think the only option is a AC converter, so you can use stock power supply or similar...

ppaine

Apr 22, 2011
Not positive but believe I saw a universal car lighter adaptor with multiple voltages (including 9v) with 2A output available at Autozone for about $20. Couldn't find it online but think I saw it in the store the last visit. Good luck.

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
Probably looking at something like this
$productLarge_9309.jpg

Not sure where you'd get them in the US though

pedrood

Oct 8, 2012
An AC Power Adapter is an electronic device which produces a specific direct current from the mains with an Alternating Current (AC). Although actually a power supply it is popularly known as an AC Power Adapter or AC Adapter. Laptops along with most other portable devices use Direct Current (DC), this also applies to rechargeable batteries which power laptops. Direct Current has a constant flow of electric charge in one direction and flows from low to high potential. Connecting a laptop to AC is unsuitable and dangerous due to the varying magnitude and direction of the current, which can cause an internal component to fail and even result in fire.

This is a particular design of a power adapter which accepts DC input and output DC voltage required to power a laptop. Instead of a standard plug for a wall socket, these have a specific cable that plugs in the cigarette lighter. The 12V DC supplied through the cigarette lighter socket is converted to provide a different DC voltage.