Caution when setting up your A700

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
This version of ICS will offer to import all your apps from your google account from your other devices.
This depends on you having the backu/restore option turned on on your other device, and accepting the restore option while setting up the A700.

For me this installed a ton of apps (very quickly I might add), but some of these I didn't want on the tablet.
It arbitrarily selected apps that I had installed on my phone.
Its fairly easy to delete them, (unfortunately a one at a time drag to trash), but still something to be aware of.

I'm just starting to play with the tablet, and I'm sure I will find lots more things later. But the screen is magnificent, if perhaps a tad dimmer than my A500.

Last edited:

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I wound up with four or five programs unable to open because they wouldn't pass license check. Had to uninstall through the Play app then reinstall, and everything then worked. When I uninstalled through the usual dragging to upper right hand corner, the apps would still not pass the check when I reinstalled.

Batchman

May 14, 2011
ExtremeRyno said:
When I uninstalled through the usual dragging to upper right hand corner, the apps would still not pass the check when I reinstalled.

Dragging an app to the trash can just removes the icon from the home screen, it doesn't uninstall it. You can start apps from the Apps screen. To uninstall you need to go to settings, like you ended up doing.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
One more thing to be aware of...

The text size in settings is not the default as shipped from the factory. This causes the tablet to have to scale all text. It slows down some apps ans screen scrolling.

Setting the default text size is highly recommended.

Auto brightness sets the brightness too dark IMHO, so I just use the slider.

I also turned up my screen touch sensitivity. Didn't do much. Seems to miss first tap often.

I'm betting we get an update to the software that jacks up the performance soon.

Sent from my HOX

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Thanks for the tip on default font size.

On the screen, though, I actually prefer darker. I downloaded an app to make it darker than default allows, and it's much more comfortable for me. I do agree that the screen is already pretty dark, though. When I want it bright, I would like it to be brighter than it gets. I'll probably have to find an app for that sometime down the road.