CD/DVD Rom reader/writer

sicksquirrel

Jan 26, 2011
I have an external CD/DVD reader/writer but the USB cord won't fit into my Kyros. Can I buy an adapter, and if so, what is it called?

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
The adapter came with the tablet... It's the short one ... Question for you , what kind of programs for android would you install from a CD?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
exactly what sndplace said what programs would you install with a cd? android doesnt have programs it has apps and android tablets arent computers they are basically bigger phones. But if you have burnt apk files to a cd to back them up then just transfer then to an sd card using your computer and use that sd card to install them on your tablet

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
To simplify. Your tablet is not like a regular computer or even laptop. You are limited to the applications available. You can't install something like a video game unless it has been specifically ported for the tablet and android. It is not a Windows or Mac computer. At this stage it is a super phone without the phone.

sicksquirrel

Jan 26, 2011
Thanks to everyone. I think of it as a computer since I use it as a browser, email,, etc. I'd like to put on my FTP program, Photoshop, couple of other tools but nothing with personal info like Quicken.

I haven't looked through the AppsLib as I've only had Internet access for a few days.

As far as the adapter, I have a drawer full of varuious computer wires. Any marks, writing or a picture to help me identify it?

knollster

Feb 16, 2011
The required MiniUSB --> USB adaptor should have came with your Kyros. It looks like a miniUSB plug on one side, and a usb port (like on your computer) on the other. Only about 5 inches in length.

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
Did you buy the tablet new? If u did it came with the tablet. The kyros has a very very very very common jack, it wouldnt be to hard to find.

sicksquirrel

Jan 26, 2011
Did you buy the tablet new? If u did it came with the tablet. The kyros has a very very very very common jack, it wouldnt be to hard to find.

Yes, brand new, but it simply was lost. Can you, please, give me more of a clue what to search for? "Mini USB cord for Kyros" does not bring up useful buying info on Google.

Last edited: