cell tablet? united states..

saturnman

Feb 1, 2013
I am looking to find a 7 to 10 inch tablet that is also to be my cell phone, as i have net10 and they provide sim cards for virtually anything, i have been on the chinese import sites such as uoften, has anyone gone this route? and does it really work?
:confused:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Tablets are not cell phones and can't make calls like a cell phone, even with a SIM card, which is usually reserved for data only. ASUS makes a convertible called PadPhone the the tablet is not the phone. It's not that you can't make calls on a tablet over IP, but it would never take the place of a cell phone. A cell phone provider like AT&T, Verizon or Sprint would be the place to find something like that but none that they carry are cell phones either. There is also something like the Galaxy Note which is a rather large cell phone but not quite tablet size.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi saturnman, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!

saturnman

Feb 1, 2013
on a chinese knockoff site, uoften.com, i have found "cell tablets", acepting 1 and 2 sim cards, operating android 2.2 and 4.0. from their site "Support 2G/3G phone call, WCDMA 2100 and GSM 850/900/1800/1900 network". I am new to this, and as i am hard of hearing, and really can't hear on a cell phone anyway, i was thinking of a "cell tablet" and was wondering if anyone has experience with these people, being that it is a chinese web site, and any money sent would be a one way deal.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The specs on that tablet are horrid. On top of everything, only 512MB. If you have to resort to that type of tablet to get a phone too I would need to pass, big time.