[CFW][WiP] CyanogenLF - CyanogenMod7 for Kyros 7024/8024/1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
WARNING! This Custom Firmware works only on 1024n boards, to know what board your tablet has please read this thread.

CyanogenMod 7 (AOSP Gingerbread 2.3.4), based on a custom ROM for Zepad ZT-280 C91 by Aonir.

It's "barely" working on 1024n, but should be easily modified to work on 7024 and 8024 as well, so I decided I would share it "as is" so hopefully others will help improve it. It uses steev's safe upgrade utscript in order to not replace u-boot, so there is little chance your tablet will brick. If install fails, simply restore your previous firmware.

Features
- Gingerbread 2.3.4
- Latest kernel for 1024n (2.6.35.7)
- Root enabled
- 1.5 GB of internal storage
- Gapps for Gingerbread and updated Market
- Boot Animation: CyanogenMod
- Density LCD set to 160
- Installation with information on screen and log
- Some optimizations aimed at performance and compatibility, using the fingerprint of the Galaxy Tab.
- Internal user space is called "flash", while the external microSD is /sdcard, so some programs will require an external card mounted.

Disclaimer: This custom firmware was tested in a multi-touch MID1024 and worked fine, but you are solely responsible for its use. If it bricks your tablet you've been warned.

Installation

I recommend that you previously full format the microSD used for installation in FAT32 mode to make sure it is OK, and fully charge your tablet's battery.
1. Download ZIP file
2. Uncompress and copy its contents to the root folder of the microSD: you should see a file called "utscript" in the root folder of the microSD card
3. If using an external microSD, safely eject the card from your computer and insert the card in the external slot
4. Turn tablet off
5. Turn on your tablet holding the Home button (silver one). Don't hold it for too long: as soon as you see some blue text on screen, release all buttons.

Relax and wait. Errors will be logged to screen and to a file named log.txt on the microSD. First boot will be slow, hang on!

V0.1
Download link - CyanogenLF-V0.1 - Minus
MD5 76:45:7B:09:B6:8A:61:6A:44:29:17:AC:86:41:9E:7E

What works:
- Touchscreen
- Audio out
- Gravity sensor (one axis is inverted tho)
- HW acceleration for graphics (GL/EGL)
- WiFi
- WiFi geolocation

What is broken:
- Mic (audio in)
- HW accelerated video player
- Camera
- USB Host mode
- Storage mode
- Probably everything else

Customizations
1. If you want your own boot animation place bootanimation.zip in the root folder of the microSD used for installation.
2. Launcher: so far the stock one is ADW, may change later.
3. Delete or rename 0_MID1024 so files for 1024n won't be installed (not really useful for now).

V0.1 Screenshots
$shot_000001.png$shot_000002.png

Last edited:

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
whats the difference with this against the 1.5 EVO? and i thought this was the honeycomb i've been wanting to see. :)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It's a completely different beast: Gingerbread 2.3.4 while GingerLF is 2.3 actually. It has all the customizations and options CM7 offers, but not everything work on 1024 yet. It has newer graphics drivers as well. If I can get everything to work, it will eventually merge to GingerLF since it's based on a newer Android version. I am using it to learn things need for HC/ICS on 1024. My version of Volcano beta is already available in Volcano thread. ;)

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
yeah i saw that volcanob13 but i dont think i can use it as my daily cfw cause its not yet complete.anyway still waiting for the honeycomb and hopefully u can port this 2.3.4 to GingerLF. so i have to stick with the 1.50 EVO for now (its great anyway). but if they will be both completed, the honeycomb and the merging of this version to GingerLF im not sure what cfw will i use. :)

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
I tested it here. Works! The interface response is very good. That HC like soft button is a bit wierd. LF, a mixed version with 1.5 Evo, as its launcher, would provide a killer ROM!!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Launcher3.0 from V1.5 EVO works fine with this ROM, simply copy the file to /system/app. Then use CM settings to move the notification bar to the botton and you have almost the same UI. You can hide the horrendous round button too (the one used to display quick notifications).

Mnemonic

Oct 18, 2011
After start launcher3 it makes CM settings to crash... com.android.settings stopped :(

Other, the accelerometer is very sensible. Is possible to fix the values?

Is possible to change the button bar? this one is very ugly compared with original HC or even that on Evo 1.5

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I will worry about aesthetic things when all functional bugs are ironed out...

I have noticed that this version doesn't break Google syncing over time like happens with other 2.3 CFWs, so it is goid news. I will trys to fix GingerLF V1.5, hopefully I will have a patch soon...

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
We downloaded an ice theme for my wife's touchpad running cm7. It may work good on this. Let me see if I can find the threads...

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

filipecoelho

Feb 3, 2012
lfom...

To test in KYROS 8024 what i have to do?.... just delete the file 0_MID1024 ? or this ROM dont run in this tablet yet?

sorry my poor english..i'm brazilian and i'm out of practice :p

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
lfom...

To test in KYROS 8024 what i have to do?.... just delete the file 0_MID1024 ? or this ROM dont run in this tablet yet?

No, you have to do this and replace the utmodules and usr/keylayout files in the customer/system folder by the ones used for your tablet. Probably you will want to add also the touch calibration app from custom ROM for 8024 (create a folder customer/system/app and copy the calibration app to this folder). This should be enough.

It's kinda safe to test as I said before because this ROM won't modify u-boot, so if something goes wrong you can always flash the older firmware.