changing file permissions

kitt350

Jul 16, 2012
is there any way to change file permissions on system files without rooting? i did an update on my a500 and it killed my wifi. wifi says error underneith it. I did find the reason for this and the files to update it. The original files are read only so i cant replace them or delete them and replace them with the new files because of their permission. Any help with this from anyone is greatly appreciated. I have tried root explorer and since the tablet isnt rooted, it doesnt work. Also ASTRO file manager and ex file manager and neither one has the ability to change permissions. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
is there any way to change file permissions on system files without rooting? i did an update on my a500 and it killed my wifi. wifi says error underneith it. I did find the reason for this and the files to update it. The original files are read only so i cant replace them or delete them and replace them with the new files because of their permission. Any help with this from anyone is greatly appreciated. I have tried root explorer and since the tablet isnt rooted, it doesnt work. Also ASTRO file manager and ex file manager and neither one has the ability to change permissions. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
If the files are user data, the Factory data reset may clear this up. It clears all user data, which is likely where these problem files are. That should get the device back to a default state, and allow you to setup new connections. If you installed a full ROM from SD (your other post here), then you may need the Factory data reset for other issues you may encounter also.