Changing music artist?

Danydh

Apr 4, 2015
first post!
So the music app that's aleady on my phone(grand duos) works fine for me. Problem is is that there are some songs without artists. I know how to change the song name, but what about the artist? Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance for whatever advice I recieve

Edit: yes, I have searched but they didn't make much sense to me...
Plus people used other apps from play store, so that's different

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Are you downloading these files via the Grand Duos, or are you downloading them onto the PC and transferring them to the device?

Regardless, I don't do tag editing of my music on any of my Android devices and don't recommend that anyone do so. I rarely download music via my Android devices, but on the rare occasions I do I wait until I can get to my PC and do the tag editing there. This is because I am very OCD when it comes to my music. All music on my music hard drive must be tagged properly, and the tags must be 100% accurate. This means the following information.

• Title
  • Album
  • Artist
  • Year
  • Track number (no leading zeros allowed)
  • Genre
  • Album Art

With the amount of music, audio books, and even audio documentaries I have on my hard drive, proper tagging is a must, and the only way to get it done right is to do it on the PC. To ensure my tags are 100% accurate, I use MP3Tag, a freeware tag editor. Capable of editing virtually any music format that supports tags, its interface allows me to edit information for each song, ensuring that the listed items above are inserted. It also allows me to delete extraneous stuff such as comments and even iTunes tags. It also has the ability to download album art from Discogs or Amazon and embed that art into the tags. All of this can be done on a per song, per album, or even per drive basis if desired.

Danydh

Apr 4, 2015
I'm using my phone to download files...I own no PC.
So I download the app onto my phone?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
MP3Tag is a Windows program and does not work on Android. For Android you want to use MP3dit instead. It should allow you to edit the basic sections of the tag, but may not let you wipe out the extraneous stuff that sometimes can prevent the MP3 from playing at all. Perhaps it's just me, but editing tags on a tablet sounds painful. I hope you have an external keyboard and mouse that you can use on the tablet to make the editing easier.