Changing your wi-fi password

jwriter

Jul 24, 2012
This is not really a question - just an explanation of how to change the password on your wifi connection. Unfortunately this situation is not described in the manual. I changed the password on the router and the Network name (SSID) still showed up on the tablet, but of course it would not connect. I discovered you have to go to "Add Wi-fi network" and re-enter all the information. Then you will have two instances of the network and you have to delete the old one. Kind of a pain but it works. Hope this helps.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
This is not really a question - just an explanation of how to change the password on your wifi connection. Unfortunately this situation is not described in the manual. I changed the password on the router and the Network name (SSID) still showed up on the tablet, but of course it would not connect. I discovered you have to go to "Add Wi-fi network" and re-enter all the information. Then you will have two instances of the network and you have to delete the old one. Kind of a pain but it works. Hope this helps.

It shouldn't be necessary to go to that much trouble. In the future if you need to change the router again -- long press the connection and tap forget. Next time you try to connect it will ask for the new password.