Charge Tablet Without Original Charger

mamachick

Jan 6, 2014
About a year ago, I bought a 7 inch Android tablet on line...paid about $59, and thought I got a good deal. I never really used it though, and just put it away in a drawer...still in the box. I now have wireless in my home, and a smart phone, and discovered the tablet while cleaning today, and would like to use it. It doesn't seem to have a power cord that will attach to a wall outlet in my home, so I plugged it into my computer and hoped I was charging it, but nothing has happened, and it doesn't power up or come on. What should I do?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum
The PC probably can't output quite enough power to do a "proper" charge, but if you leave it there long enough with the PC on and awake it should charge. It may require a long press of the power button but leave it at least 5 hours on the PC first.

btw: it should have come with a charger.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi mamachick, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
What if you got one of those AC to USB converters available anywhere and plugged your USB to micro USB wire into it? That should charge it much faster. Those are designed for phones.