Google Play Music Playback Issue

slr_noob

Nov 9, 2012
I put my hands down on the TF-700 and I really liked it. The Google Play Music Player is fine for me, but with one frustrating issue. For some odd reason, music plays like I'm sampling songs when I did nothing to do so. Usually rebooting the tablet will solve it but the same issue can come back rather quickly at random. If there's no way that this is fixable, what is a good music player you guys recommend? Thanks!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There may be a way to fix the problem but my suggestion is that you ditch the Google Player for JetAudio or PowerAmp.

slr_noob

Nov 9, 2012
I tried PowerAmp and it's great. Thinking the issue will go away, the exact same thing happened again. It will play about 8 seconds worth of a song, then skip to the next one. When this happens, either a cold boot or just a normal shutdown will work until the problem returns.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Very strange indeed. Are these files from Google or files you got from somewhere else. It almost sounds like a problem with the file(s). The only other thing that might interfere would be some background tasks, active wallpaper, mail retrieval, anti virus or something along those lines.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Those are my own files and I have zero problems in my past devices

When you say past devices, if they were not Android devices they don't really count as Android is a tad different. Try some other files from somewhere else or re encode a few to see if the problem gets corrected.

slr_noob

Nov 9, 2012
I even tried to rip a new CD I bought recently. Same thing happens to songs I transferred from a different SD card recently.

Should I contact Asus Tech Support for clues?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I even tried to rip a new CD I bought recently. Same thing happens to songs I transferred from a different SD card recently.

Should I contact Asus Tech Support for clues?

I don't think they will be a lot of help. It still doesn't appear to me that the problem is hardware as that seems to be the only problem. There is something else going on but I wish I could tell you what. I'm pretty certain a factory reset would solve the problem if you didn't automatically install all the old apps but that takes some planing in advance.

slr_noob

Nov 9, 2012
Playing music for an hour and a half straight while waiting for a car check-up, no symptom is showing. I'll report back if anything happens

slr_noob

Nov 9, 2012
The same issue happened when I tried to play some music during lunch time. What should be my next step besides cold booting over and over again?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
In the previous post it seemed to be working, for a while, then no joy. So what may have been different? Were the files different, from different types of music, some local some on line?

slr_noob

Nov 9, 2012
I got to the point where the problem is almost solved. The system basically got "lazy" after a certain point that the system sees the SD card and is able to explore the files through the default file explorer. However, the option to unmount from the system bar is not there. The playback problem is resolved when I remove, then insert the SD card again.