Charging Issue

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
An issue that seems to have appeared recently (not sure how long to be honest) is that my tab has to be turned off to charge. If I connect power when it's turned on a small red "x" appears over the battery icon where the lightning bolt normally is. The tab definitely recognizes it's plugged in because the red "x" appears or disappears when I plug or unplug the power.
If plugged into the PC there is also a message about being plugged in as a storage device but I can't find anywhere mentioning charging in the settings.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Paul

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Some tablets won't indicate charging when plugged into a PC, (not quite enough voltage), but if you leave it plugged in for 5 hours or so, turned off but with the PC on. If that gets you anywhere the problem may be a bad charger.

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
It doesn't matter what it's plugged into (PC or wall charger), it does the same thing.

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
As it turns out you are indeed correct. The wall plug, that the cable plugs into, is only rated to 200mA and is obviously doesn't supply enough current for the Tab. I tried another wall plug and the Tab charges correctly.