Charging Issues :(

Aleaha1227

Jul 5, 2012
Purchased this tablet at the end of March for my daughters birthday havent had a problem with it till this morning, it wont respond to the charger. I changed outlets, i wiggled it, unplugged and replugged numerous times and wiggled some more with no results. The screen continues to show low battery and tells you to plug in the charger. I had this same exact problem with my Driod Bionic cell 2wks ago (i had it for less then 30days). Im not all that handy on the computer and couldnt find any information online with this being a problem for other ppl with this tablet/phone. Does anyone know anything about this "charging issue" my droids seem to be having? Any suggestions how to fix it? They were both purchased at Best Buy so if I cant find a solution im taking it back and throwing a hissy till it gets fixed! :mad:

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
Welcome to the forum

Seem like charger not doing well.
- Maybe faulty charger?; or
- Your country/house voltage supply, is it same spec with your charger requirement?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I would suggest taking them back and getting replacements. There is no way your devices should be having charging issues this early. The only feasible thing that I could see causing this issue this early is if the cord or the adapter that plug into the wall is bad.

Aleaha1227

Jul 5, 2012
Probbiethe1,
Thank you. That is what I am most likely going to be doing this weekend. I dont know maybe it is the electrical output, thing is we use different outlets all over the house and everywhere we go those chargers and devices go with us. :(
My daughter is lost without her tablet so I will be returning it ASAP. Thank you for your suggestions. :)

Nanook626

Jun 6, 2012
I am having the same issue,only my tab is 9 months old. I am in the process of emailing back and forth with their customer service, which is located somewhere in India! I have thus far, not been impressed. I have been given wrong information and told my tablet wasn'tunder warranty.

Did u take your tab back to the store?

jimabbey

Oct 14, 2012
My A100 will not take a charge. The tablet will run but will not charge the battery. Storage indicates less than 2 min of life in battery. I have replugged the charger in several times in different outlets. The icon on the screen indicates that there is AC power but the unit is still not charging. The tablet is about 9 months old. What can I do?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Just a little note:

Never let your tablet battery go below 15%. I've kept mine fully charged most of the time. And only once got down to 30% - and never had a problem yet.

Also make sure you use an OEM charger - the others will not work.

turbocoop

Oct 9, 2012
These have a lot of problems with the charger itself, I would try checking that first. Maybe take it to best buy and see if they will let you plug it into a charger???

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
A lot of these unit seem to have been sold without the original OEM plug pack - some cheaper plug pack supplied instead. The OEM plug pack has a very short cable - very annoyingly short.

The plug on the cable is not a readily avaiable type and is a ACER type plug. This is where the problems start.