charging port loose

marybo

Feb 18, 2013
No problem with the Cruz T408. Really do like it alot. However, the charging port has dropped and won't hold the charger and so my tablet cannot be charged. I have tried calling the company but can get no answer or am put off to a fast busy sound. So very sad about this...any suggestions of where and if this is a fairly inexpensive fix?
thanks!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
It sounds like the charging port has popped off the motherboard. This is usually due to the wave soldering process not applying enough solder to the board to properly hold the jack in place. If you've used a soldering iron before and have no qualms about opening up the tablet to do the repair yourself, it's an easy fix to simply apply some additional solder to each of the pads that holds the jack to the board. Just make sure the solder covers the top of the contacts on the jack.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Marybo, congratulations on your Cruz tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!