Charging, sound and a few Noob Questions

rachelisadog

Dec 22, 2011
Hi all,

First post so please be kind.
I've struggled with the search on the site, so apologies in advance
Had the Tablet S a few weeks now, love it to bits. Main usage is browsing and as a internet radio really.
Few queries though.
1. I have an app on there called battery solo widget. It shows in percentage terms the charging level of the battery.
What I have noticed is that when it reaches 90% the charge indicator on the S turns green, and, the lock screen shows charged too.
Which one is right? Or, is 90% sufficiently charged in Sony's eyes?
2. I have noticed, every so often the sound seems to stop. No sound can be heard from ANY app, program or even system notifications. I've applied all updates. Only cure is a re-boot. Anyone else?
3. Throwing. I see this is a bit of a messy situation at best. I have a KDL40EX503. I can throw music and pictures but no video material of any kind. Always tells me the format is not supported. I know this not to be true since the format can be played via the TV's USB slot.
However. I have found that if I go have my PC up and running, and all connected as DLNA with file sharing on (on the pc) I can browse and throw from the Tablet to the TV, of course via the PC. The picture quality isn't great but it works in principle. So, what am I doing wrong?

Overall, I am more than happy with the S, and none of the above issues are cause for me to return the item but would appreciate the thoughts of others :)
Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.
rachelisadog

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Sorry you are having problems. The only answer I have is on the battery question, yes it seems to be an Android thing that batteries rarely show 100% full charge when checked with apps. Otherwise, congrats on your new tablet and welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

Cheers,
Peter

rachelisadog

Dec 22, 2011
Thanks for the welcome :)
The problems I have I can live with, I know no device is perfect, this is my third android device, hero, S2 and now tablet S.
I chose the battery widget since on my S2 the two values do match........not to worry.
Maybe others may know :)