Cheap android tablet to read manga?

tan221

Jun 22, 2012
Hello everyone!
Im looking for a cheap android tablet to read manga, a friend showed me the Asus Transform but its way too expensive for my usage (i really only need it to read manga, not books, not for games/movies, just manga). Plus i think that 10'' is a bit too much, a regular manga page is about 7''.
I know you will ask me how much im willing to spend... basically, the cheaper the better, because i dont read a whole lot.
I dont need expensive brand.. even a good clone will do the job...(as long as it wont die on me on the first year).
Also, i dont need it to show colors, because manga is black & white.
The only place im gonna buy it from is ebay, because amazon wont send to my country...

Thank you very much.:eek:

Starblock

Jun 18, 2012
if your sole purpose of buying a tab is to read manga, then why not try Chinese-made tab? no offense to Chinese but they have manufactured various android tabs for cheaper price... :)

tan221

Jun 22, 2012
if your sole purpose of buying a tab is to read manga, then why not try Chinese-made tab? no offense to Chinese but they have manufactured various android tabs for cheaper price... :)

I dont have a problem with Chinese goods... my father worked in china every couple of months and he used to bring me awesome stuff from there:cool:
I can buy one from ebay but i dont know how to chose one (what kind?) and what should i look out for. (i bought a lot of times from e-bay, but not tablets).

tan221

Jun 22, 2012
bump... please help:(
It will be perfect if it will be under 100$, thank you

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Try the ICOO D50 from Amazon. They are less than 100.00 and depending on who you buy from can be had for less than 90.00.
They run ICS and are great little 7 inch tablets. We have purchased 3 in the last month. Waiting for the third one to come in now.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tan221

Jun 22, 2012
Thank you this is perfect, but like i said, amazon dont send to my country so ill have to buy it from e-bay.

Starblock

Jun 18, 2012
try to search for M009 Google Android 2.2 7" Tablet PC Computer Netbook its $69.95 @ ebay..

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Product Information[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Based on Google Android 2.2 OS, the VIA WM8650 allows you to access and download thousands of online apps. The 800 MHz + DSP 300 MHz processor of this VIA tablet gives a speedy performance. The 7-inch TFT touchscreen of this tablet PC makes navigation easy with just a touch of your finger. The 1.3 MP camera of this VIA tablet lets you capture special moments. Supporting Wi-Fi connectivity, this tablet PC enables you to connect with local networks and surf the net with ease. Featuring Flash 10.1, the VIA WM8650 lets you view Adobe files with clarity.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Product Identifiers[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Brand[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VIA[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Model[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WM8650[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MPN[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VIAWM8650SILVER2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Carrier[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Not Specified[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]UPC[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]609728665388[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Key Features[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Type[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tablet[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Display Size[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7in (17.78 cm)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hard Drive Capacity[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 GB[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Operating System[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Android[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Internet Connectivity[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi + 3G[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Color[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Silver[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Processor[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Processor Manufacturer[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VIA[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Processor Speed[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]800 MHz[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Digital Camera[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rear Camera Resolution[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.3 megapixel[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dimensions[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Depth[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.39in (0.99 cm)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2.2lb (0.99 kg)[/FONT]

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Thank you this is perfect, but like i said, amazon dont send to my country so ill have to buy it from e-bay.

Sorry, I missed that part in your first post. We love these little tablets. Inexpensive but seem to work like a real champ. A while back I saw all the low dollar tablets that were being sold, all hardware specs showed they should have been really nice tablets, but they always had rotten ROMs on them from the factory and people were asking for solutions to their ROM problems.
These little tablets have a good ROM on them and everything just seems to work out of box.
The only two things I can say could be better is Netflix is queky and I'm sure will be corrected by Netflix updates in the future as I have had this problem on two other devices and they were both corrected by Netflix updates. And the power addapter that comes with it. The mini usb cord works great for charging but the plug in part is for Europe/Asia, they provided a travel addapter on the first one and it popped and died the first time I used it so everything after that just goes in the trash, but the mini (not micro) usb cable that comes with it works fine and I just use a usb power supply I bought off Amazon with it. You may be able to find a good one on EBay while your there looking for the ICOO.
If that is what you get, enjoy, cause I know you will.

Last edited:

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Hello everyone!
Im looking for a cheap android tablet to read manga, a friend showed me the Asus Transform but its way too expensive for my usage (i really only need it to read manga, not books, not for games/movies, just manga). Plus i think that 10'' is a bit too much, a regular manga page is about 7''.
I know you will ask me how much im willing to spend... basically, the cheaper the better, because i dont read a whole lot.
I dont need expensive brand.. even a good clone will do the job...(as long as it wont die on me on the first year).
Also, i dont need it to show colors, because manga is black & white.
The only place im gonna buy it from is ebay, because amazon wont send to my country...

Thank you very much.:eek:

Hi tan, here is a list of android tablets under $100 and Ainol Novo 7 Tornados is recommended :)

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Glad to be of help, you'll like it. Have been very happy with the two we have so far. Third one should be here probably tomorrow or Friday.

Update.
Got the ICOO a couple days ago. Found out that for some reason the tablet needs to be turned on to charge to 100 %.
With the tablet off it will charge to about 74 or 75%.
Works well though.

Last edited: