Cheap tablet for a traveller

Powka

Mar 14, 2012
Hey!

I'll be going across US (2 weeks trip) and I need something that will help me to find all the spots that I need. I have GPS in my phone, but I need an extra precaution in case the phone dies. I want to get a tablet for around $150 - I don't really need it for anything else than orientation. There isn't many tablets with builtin GPS for this price, so I guess I could just use tablet for WiFi, get the maps onto there, and work with it offline.

Any tips on the best one to get? If there are any GPS ones, that would be great! Thanks!

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hey!

I'll be going across US (2 weeks trip) and I need something that will help me to find all the spots that I need. I have GPS in my phone, but I need an extra precaution in case the phone dies. I want to get a tablet for around $150 - I don't really need it for anything else than orientation. There isn't many tablets with builtin GPS for this price, so I guess I could just use tablet for WiFi, get the maps onto there, and work with it offline.

Any tips on the best one to get? If there are any GPS ones, that would be great! Thanks!

Flytouch 3 Android 2.2 Tablet PC 10.2 Inch Infotm X220 Support GPS 3G WebCamera HDMI Flytouch 3 Android 2.2 Tablet PC 10.2 Inch Infotm X220 Support GPS 3G WebCamera HDMI [FLY3] - $136.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Go

hi if gps is important & capacitive screen not so important then i recommend this tab from this reputable seller. many users on forum like flytouch tabs so there should be plenty of help should you need it. redtabletpc.com also are supporting vendor on the forum so you'll get after sales service from them with updates, problem solving etc. you may find tab slightly cheaper at other sites but i trust these over them. i hear of nightmare scenario's about oem tabs, items advertised as in stock when not, long delivery times & no support once your money has been taken. redtabletpc are not like that they realise that good customer care is the key to a good company, they dont sell oem goods, offer various shipping choices to suit speed/cost/reliability etc. & they tend to supply the better quality chinese tabs.. well worth a look in my opinion. if this tab doesnt suit your needs they have many more on their website. you have nothing to lose by looking & may find exactly what you need..good luck.

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Hey!

Ainol Novo 7 Aurora is a 7 inch IPS screen tablet, fast WiFi connection, easy to operate and fits your budget.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hey!

Hi Powka, you can take a look at the Ainol novo 7 Elf II dual core (for $149.99 shipped) and the Ainol novo 7 Aurora with IPS screen (for $159.99 shipped). they're best choices for 7 inch tablet around $150. hope you'll get what you want soon! :)