Cheap tablet with USB charge?

wendlle

Jun 24, 2012
HI, I was going to get an iPad but they are just too darn expensive so I am looking for a cheap android tablet to take with me on holidays. Basically I just want to be able to use wi-fi to update facebook, check emails and browse the web while in the USA (i'm from Australia) and to be able to use it on the plane for the 23 hour flight I need it to be able to charge via USB, as the airline i'm flying with has USB ports in the armrests.
Any suggestions? I've found quite a few but don't have USB charge or are too expensive, or get really bad reviews.

HerronScott

May 27, 2012
Used Pandigital SuperNova from eBay for less than $100 USD. :)

Add SD card, fllash it with the Amazon firmware (versus Barnes and Noble), root it, install Google Play, Amazon Marketplace and 1Mobile Market.

Scott

Starblock

Jun 18, 2012
Hi! How are you? If you want, you can try Archos.... they're cheaper but the quality is still great or if you want go for Samsung tablet.

wendlle

Jun 24, 2012
I saw the Momo8 has good reviews, I would prefer a 10" screen but for the price i'll sacrifice 2", Samsung are a bit too expensive also for what I want to use it for. I'll probably never really use it at home as I have an iPhone that does pretty much everything I need it to when at home. It is more for airplane travel i'd like to be able to watch movies on a bigger screen and also not take my iPhone overseas as it is too expensive to loose or get broken so need to check email etc on the tablet.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
I saw the Momo8 has good reviews, I would prefer a 10" screen but for the price i'll sacrifice 2", Samsung are a bit too expensive also for what I want to use it for. I'll probably never really use it at home as I have an iPhone that does pretty much everything I need it to when at home. It is more for airplane travel i'd like to be able to watch movies on a bigger screen and also not take my iPhone overseas as it is too expensive to loose or get broken so need to check email etc on the tablet.

Hi wendlle, you can have a look at the Ainol novo 7 Elf II, it can meet all your requirements, 7 inch dual core tablet, it's on a special sale for only $128.90, charger included,and we can send you the compatible standard charger adapter for free. welcome to order! :)

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
HI, I was going to get an iPad but they are just too darn expensive so I am looking for a cheap android tablet to take with me on holidays. Basically I just want to be able to use wi-fi to update facebook, check emails and browse the web while in the USA (i'm from Australia) and to be able to use it on the plane for the 23 hour flight I need it to be able to charge via USB, as the airline i'm flying with has USB ports in the armrests.
Any suggestions? I've found quite a few but don't have USB charge or are too expensive, or get really bad reviews.

hi. you could try this tab it has good reviews & i believe it will charge through usb..its the right size, has a good rear camera (5mp)
& the specs in general are high. the seller is a supporting vendor on this forum & may have more answers for you. i use them & trust them as they dont sell oem (copy) tabs, they seem honest & genuine & i have had no problems with any of my purchases from them .. worth a look at their site at least.. good luck.

Onda Vi40 Elite 9.7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC With IPS Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 Onda Vi40 Elite 9.7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC With IPS Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 [VI40] - $223.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consu

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012

Hi wendlle, you may choose from the following two models:

Ployer MOMO11 Bird Edition: 9.7 inch/IPS screen/2160P video support/Android 4.0 OS/1G RAM/16GB internal storage/

Onda Vi40 Elite: 9.7 inch/capacitive screen/2160P video support/Android 4.0 OS/1G RAM/16GB internal storage/

The two models are great choices if you want to watch movies :)