China Telecom Infotmic M799ca problem

Acorna

Mar 24, 2012
Hi All

First let me apologise if this has been asked before, I'm sure it has but there is so much info on this forum my brain hurts.

OK, my problem is that when I try to download BBC iplayer app or Kindle app I get the following error message.

[h=3]This app is incompatible with your China Telecom Infotmic M799ca.[/h]I have a SuperPad X220 1GHZ 10.2" Tablet PC Android 2.3 + Leather Keboard Case, WIFI, HDMI, 1080P, GPS with CAM from Amazon.co.uk
Model Number: P001
Android Version: 2.3.3
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-infoTM root@ice #126
Build Number: GRI40

If any other info is needed please say and I will attempt to provide it.

I am in the UK and most things on the pad work, so far. Only had it a few days.

I want the pad for viewing Photos from my camera whilst out. Using SD via USB for this, works fine if a bit of a fuss going through OI File Manager to do it.
The other use will be to watch TV/Films whilst on holiday. Films work fine off of SD via USB. TV, I was going to use tvcatchup.com but it appears they don't have an Android App at the moment. Also planned to use BBC/ITV iPlayers.

When I attempt to download these apps via my PC (It's quicker, and easier) I get the error above.

My questions are these..
Is this Pad compatible with iPlayers, Kindle etc?
If YES, how to I get around the error message?
If NO, is there a workaround or should I return the pad. It's no good if I cant view photos and TV/Films.

Thank you for your time and advice.

Regards
Ray

Acorna

Mar 24, 2012
I take it that this is either a No No subject or cannot be answered for some reason. I have NEVER had a post, in any forum, viewed over 200 times with not a single reply.

If the answer is on this site somewhere, would someone please point me to it as I cannot find it in a search here or on Google.

Regards
Ray

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Be patient, I noticed that the active members who usually answer questions, they kind of take a break over the week end. Were you able to install any other app from Google market or you have a problem installing anything not just the two you mentioned.

Samsung Galaxy Note

Acorna

Mar 24, 2012
I have managed to install some apps. Just not UK specific ones/

Thanks for the reply. I'll call back after the weekend.

Regards
Ray

J

jimbo7630

I'm fairly sure that I read somwhere, could have been Android Tablets.net, that you can remove the China Telecom bit from your Tablet but I think I found it a bit complicated.

Last edited by a moderator: