Chinese 7 MID not working, android logo keeps on blinking

livewire

Sep 1, 2012
i got this Chinese tablet which has no name, the box says just MID. The tablet is 7" and has a front camera, loaded with android 2.3 gingerbread. according the user manual it says its a rk2918, arm cortex a8 1.0ghz

i don't find any other brand or model name in the user manual or box.

suddenly my tablet was keeping on looping at the welcome screen and it did nt go to the main menu. I tried resitting the device bt pressing the reset button but still the same problem.

so i downloaded a firmware which said RK2918 3.0 Firmware.zip and upgraded the software using the RKBatch Tool. The upgrade was successful but when the android logo appear, suddenly the screen starts to blink and keeps on looping :(

i tried pressing the rest button for a while but still the same problem :(

can someone plz tell me what wrong with my Chinese MID and how do i fix or how to download the latest firmware (it has no model)

any help will be appreciated..

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
You might not want to hear this but it is probably time for a new tablet.

livewire

Sep 1, 2012
hi guys...

The good news. I installed the Wopad i7 firmware to my tablet and it seems to be working now but

the bad news :(
the touch screen seems to be messed up, if i want to click on right i need to click left, or if i want to click on the top i need to click on the bottom :(

the camera isnt working. When i click the camera it says "application camera (process com.android.camera) stopped unexpectedly. please try again later"

any help pls?