Chinese Market Place

Apr 12, 2011
Sorry if someone else has asked this but I can't find the details out anywhere.

I've just collected my tablet from the post office and have been playing around with it, so far so good, all seems well, youtube works, internet, basically everything I bought it for.

It's supposed to have 2.2 on it and the settings say that this is indeed the case, but as there are so many dodgy hacked versions etc around I'm wondering if this is the case with mine.

The main problem (so far at least) that I'm having with the tablet is that the market place only lists apps in chinese, having never used android before I'm not sure if this is a setting thing.
Looking around on the net however seems to show that there is a chinese app market- similar to the iphones jailbreak market.

I'm not sure if this is the case though and just want to connect to the english language market.... does anyone know how i would go about doing this?

Apr 12, 2011
Just thought I'd update this: I have something called "app store connect" which apparently is a chinese version of the app market place... so more research to be done on whether mine will ever be able to have the app marketplace :(

betsywpa

Jan 12, 2011
there is a regular market place that you can download and I accidentally deleted mine and had originally found on this forum and had come back on here to get the link when I saw you notice. I will try to get it again and send it to you. Someone on here had sent it to me when I first got my epad and I had to reset my pad and I lost it. So I'm hoping it is still on here and I'll copy it back to you. Fingers crossed.

damtalldave

Apr 17, 2013
Just thought I'd update this: I have something called "app store connect" which apparently is a chinese version of the app market place... so more research to be done on whether mine will ever be able to have the app marketplace :(

I wondered if you found anything out because I just received my Oumei X5 G3 7" 4.1 tablet with the chinese android market app as well, only in chinese.
How do I get the US one so I can more conveniently download stuff?