Christmas 2012 Apps

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
By Darrin Jenkins on December 5th, 2012

It’s the holiday season and people everywhere are getting into the spirit of Christmas with family gatherings, shopping, decorating, and gearing up for a visit from the big man himself, Santa Clause! Today, I would like to share some Christmas apps for both IOS and Android to help you get into the spirit.

Advent Calendars

Advent calendars are a fun way to count down the days until Christmas. If you were like me as a child, you couldn’t wait until Christmas day. Here are a couple of advent calendars that you might want to consider.

advent-android.jpg

For Androids, I recommend the “Christmas Countdown 2012” advent calendar. Maybe I should say “Elf Adventure Calendar” as that is the way the developer, Ploosh, states it. This is a countdown calendar that you and your kids will enjoy. It has 24 days of new Elf adventures and games. Each day you scratch off a window in the Elves house which reveals more of their story. Pretty cute and sure to make your kids smile.

The “Advent 2012: 25 Christmas Apps” is available as both an Android and IOSapp. This is an interesting way to not only have a little Christmas fun, but also discover some great new apps. Each day you are introduced to a new free app. If you’re getting bored with your current app set, you might give this calendar a try and see if you can discover something you’ll really enjoy.

Helpful Utilities

”Learn Gift Wrapping Now” is an Android app that is sure to meet the needs of hopeless people like me who couldn’t wrap a present if their life depended on it. It’s not free, but it’s only $2.99 and provides a comprehensive video series on how to wrap different types of boxes. Notice in the picture above that there are several chapters that outline the different types of packaging you may encounter. Step by step instruction with videos will show you how it’s done. Maybe this year I won’t have to shove everything in those overpriced Christmas bags. I might actually be able to wrap the gift myself!

This next app I am sharing because it made me laugh. OK, it’s a little bit handy too. It is along the same lines as the previous gift wrapping app. It is called “iFinger” and it is made for IOS devices. With iFinger, you get measure the dimensions of your package and put it into the iFinger app. It will then calculate for you exactly how much wrapping paper you need to cut to wrap the gift. For square and rectangular gifts, this app will work great however, oddly shaped packages may give you some trouble. Once you cut the paper, iFinger gives you step by step instructions for wrapping the gift. In the picture above, you’ll notice the iPhone is used to hold down the corners of the paper. This is where the term “iFinger” comes from as it acts like a virtual finger to help you wrap the gift. It is a pretty cute app. My only beef with it is that it only measures in centimeters. Other than that it works pretty well.

Games

I am going to just shoot straight with you, most of the Christmas apps are junk time wasters. A lot of them are poorly designed apps to get you to look at advertising and are not about having a quality gaming experience. Proceed with caution is my advice to you when it comes to Christmas apps.

Kids love to write letters to Santa. They also like hearing back from him. “Letters to Santa Gold” is an app that will allow children to write down there Christmas wishes and get a response from Santa. It’s free and they allow unlimited messages to Santa.

How could we not include “Angry Birds Seasons” in our list of 2012 Christmas apps? These unhappy fowl are at it again. Lost in a winter “wonderham”, the birds find themselves battling their bacon flavored enemies under the lights of the aurora borealis. There are 25 new levels for you to enjoy. It’s free on Android and .99 cents on IOS. It’s worth every penny.

I hope you get a chance to download a few of these apps and let us know what you think. If you have a favorite Christmas app, please feel free to respond in the comment section below. To you and yours I wish a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!