Class 4 or Class 6 micro SD Card.. does it make a difference for a tablet pc?

Apr 23, 2012
Class 4 or Class 6 does it make a difference for a tablet pc?

I bought a new tablet PC and am planning to buy a new 32 GB Micro SD card for it. I looked two cards of same memory. One is a class 4 card and other a class 6 card. with a price difference of 10 dollars. Is going for a class 6 card really needed?

Few specs of this tablet PC - 0.3 front cam, no primary cam, plays HD videos, 4 GB internal memory, 512 MB Ram & 1.2 GHZ processor. Android 4.0 ICS,

let me know if purchasing a class 6 card really makes any difference in tablet performance.

Thank you in advance
Anoop.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I've found that a class 4 card is fast enough for anything I do on my tablet including watching videos and movies. I also use class 4 for Titanium backups and for flashing and backing up ROMs.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
yeahthat.gif

The class of the card pertains more to write speeds than read speeds. Using a C10 vs a C2, the biggest speed difference will be noticed copying files to the card not during playback.

Also, some users have tested different cards and found that come C4 cards are faster than other C10's. This is because the Class is the minimum speeds, but some cards can be faster.