Clear GMail account

pcal

Nov 16, 2010
Hello folks,

I've been an Android tablet owner for about 3 hours now. My brand spanking new device came with somebody else's gmail account already set up on it!

I set up my own, and tried to delete the other, but the system won't let me, claiming the account is needed by some applications, and I would have to do a factory reset first to clear all data.

So I attempted a Factory Reset, clicked all the "are your sure" buttons, and was presented with an instruction to connect the usb host to do factory restore???? Nothing further happened, and nothing got reset.

Any attempt to do anything brings up a password error on the other gmail account...

WTF?

1) Have I been passed a 2nd hand unit as new?

2) How can I get rid of the other account?

It's a 7" MID X5A device with 2.1 installed.

Any clues greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Pcal

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Go to Settings->Accounts & Sync Settings->Manage Accounts.

Does the account show up here? If so, try to select the account and turn off all sync settings, then you should be able to remove it from the bottom of the screen.

mikeg1978

Feb 16, 2011
Go to Settings->Accounts & Sync Settings->Manage Accounts.

Does the account show up here? If so, try to select the account and turn off all sync settings, then you should be able to remove it from the bottom of the screen.

On the reply above; i need help. I logged into Gmail prior to rooting (Froyo via auto nooter root proc), and now when i am prompted (right after clicking the android robot logo) to enter my info, it seems to accept it when i continue setup (Login) but it just blinks and returns to the Gmail sign-in/ sign-up screen. Any ideas of how to clear out the gmail? My NC isn't showing my the "Accounts/ Sync" settings, or "Manage Accounts" any place.
I've tried going to the native B&N settings interface, and tried the "NookColor Tools" interface for settings and do not find accounts info.

*Edit to original; This is solved. In order to fix my [this] issue, i clicked the menu soft key while in the setup interface (when Gmail sign-in is prompting user), It will then give access to Accounts. I clicked Add Account, and since i had previously logged in prior to auto nooter root, my account was listed (but you can enter yours if not seen), click Add, and this should fix this particular Gmail issue. Let me know if it works for you whom have issue similar to this one.

Thanks in advance if someone could please respond here.

Last edited:

speedy110

Nov 17, 2011
On the reply above; i need help. I logged into Gmail prior to rooting (Froyo via auto nooter root proc), and now when i am prompted (right after clicking the android robot logo) to enter my info, it seems to accept it when i continue setup (Login) but it just blinks and returns to the Gmail sign-in/ sign-up screen. Any ideas of how to clear out the gmail? My NC isn't showing my the "Accounts/ Sync" settings, or "Manage Accounts" any place.
I've tried going to the native B&N settings interface, and tried the "NookColor Tools" interface for settings and do not find accounts info.

*Edit to original; This is solved. In order to fix my [this] issue, i clicked the menu soft key while in the setup interface (when Gmail sign-in is prompting user), It will then give access to Accounts. I clicked Add Account, and since i had previously logged in prior to auto nooter root, my account was listed (but you can enter yours if not seen), click Add, and this should fix this particular Gmail issue. Let me know if it works for you whom have issue similar to this one.

Thanks in advance if someone could please respond here.

This should do the trick:

http://www.speedy.vuurwerk.nl/images/gm.jpg

sorry for the language but it's the settings menu on the samsung galaxy tab.