Clearing System Cache

lloydsw

Oct 26, 2011
I've been trying to find a method of clearing system cache on this tablet. I tried the following instruction online. When it gets to the point of actually cleaning the cache, I get an error and it reboots. Any ideas?

1. Turn off the device.
2. Hold the Volume Up and Power Keys together.
3. Release the keys when the MANUAL MODE screen appears.
4. Wait 2-3 minutes.
5. Press the Volume Down key to scroll to delete all cache data.
6. Press the Power key to select.
7. Wait for a few seconds ad the device clears information.
8. Press the Power key to select reboot system now.
9. Wait as the device restarts.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Same question here, why? There is an app on the Google Store called Clean Master that will dump pretty much all the cache from the system and other apps.

lloydsw

Oct 26, 2011
Misbehaving app. I've tried all the conventional methods. Cleared its cache, cleared its data, uninstalled it, etc. I've also tried cleaning the cache with all-in-one, but still have the issue. So I thought cleaning the system cache would be my last attempt before a factory reset.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Uninstalling the app clears it from the cache as well. Therefore clearing the cache is unlikely to help you.

lloydsw

Oct 26, 2011
Did you use the app I suggested, Clean Master?

I did....no change. Interesting that I never had the problem until i installed the same app on my phone. It's just a word game I play with my Mom, she likes to keep her (old) brain active. I've tried de-installing from both devices, put it back on the tab, still no change. I guess I'm resigned to play it on my phone.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
On the Clean Master app, I suggest uninstalling your word game, run CM and use the residual files option after the cache clean, restart, then try installing again. It's possible something else you have installed is interfering with it.

lloydsw

Oct 26, 2011
Well, tried it and no change. Guess I'll just learn to live with it.

lloydsw

Oct 26, 2011
But that leaves me still wondering why the clean in the OP doesn't work for me. Has anyone else tried it?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm fairly certain that with everything you have done, what you did, in fact worked. There is another problem possibly with a conflict with your system or another app.