Clockworkmod stops OTA - updates to work

tjareson

Aug 2, 2012
Hi there,

I hope someone can give me the hint I'm searching for.

I have an Asus SL101 with Android 3.2.1 and clockworkmod 5.8.3.1. A couple of weeks (or months) ago there was this OTA update from Asus (probably the update to Android 4).
But whenever I install this, I get an error message afterwards (from clockworkmod) that verifying of the whole-file signature failed. (And afterwards it loops, which is easy to overcome, but the update still doesn't install then.)

Can anyone help me, how I can install OTA-updates on a SL101 when clockworkmod is installed?

kind regards
Tjareson

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

What you will need to do is to download the ICS Slider firmware from the Asus support site (link for the SL101 is in the forum favorites link in my signature).

Unzip this ONE TIME. It will still be a .zip.

Place it where you can access it through recovery.

Boot to recovery and install the .zip file. This will UNROOT and replace CWM and you will be back 100% stock.

If you want to retain root, be sure to grab OTA Rootkeeper and backup root before flashing the stock firmware. Then after updating you can use OTA Rootkeeper to restore your root.

So long as you keep stock recovery and do not uninstall any stock apps (OK to disable but do not uninstall) you will get OTA updates. Each one will unroot you, but you can keep restoring with the OTA rootkeeper.

Moved to the Asus TF101/SL101 Forum.

Last edited: