closing apps

Kelly_Saxe

Aug 26, 2012
hi to all. and this may seem a ridiculous question, but im in my 70's and was gifted by my granddaughter who lives in another state and is as un-techy as I am, with a Craig 7 inch netbook, not a tablet it has a keyboard, the model number is clp281a.

anyway, my question is this: the battery runs out quickly, and all i can read in the user guide is that some apps may still be open and to close them before i power off the unit. well, i'm having a hard time learning how to close them. when i hit the little icon on the left to tell me what apps are open, every single one i opened seems to still be open and running.

could someone please tell me how to close and app before i shut my machine off? thanks so much,

granny

Brickster

Aug 11, 2012
From one septuagenarian to another-
After clicking on the multi-stack icon in the task bar, the opened programs' icons are shown down the left side of the screen. The method I use is to click on the icon of the one I want to close, revealing a blue "ghost" rectangle. Drag (click on and hold) that rectangle leftward completely off the screen. The remaining app icons will drop down to fill in the missing icon's space.
On another issue- does your Smart Office app open and display properly?