Clueless Newby needs help

desilva2912

Dec 6, 2011
Hi all, am really hoping someone can help me on this. I am looking to buy a cheapish tablet for my daughter.
I have seen a few around my price range, my question is regarding flash player. The tablets I have seen support 10.1 but looking at the games/sites my daughter uses these require flash 10.3 Can somebody please tell me if this is an easy upgrade. The tablet I have in mind is :

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace or

http://www.ebellking.com/android-tablet/7-inch-tablets/7-android-2-3-tablet-1080p-4gb-1ghz-cpu-christmas-gift

C
ould somebody please point me in the right direction, as you can see from the links my budget is low and I am clueless :confused: .......not even sure I have posted this in right place.

Thankyou

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
I like it except for the resistive screen, that's a deal breaker for me, if it was me I would go a little higher and get a capacitive touch screen. That way you're not mad 4-6 months down the line when the screen breaks and there's no hope for replacing it. I have never heard of that brand but maybe someone else here has. I hope that someone has some advice for you desilva2912, I know tablets are an investment and if you want it to last you should save up and get a good one, we're waiting most likely, until after Christmas to buy the Coby MID1125 that I am totally sold on, they have smaller models like their MID7127 listed in my signature, or the MID7022 which is on sale at Toys R Us for $160 right now. Not sure you have access to them or not based on the UK Ebay link but I thought I would mention it because for $60 more bucks you can get a much better screen. Good luck! And welcome to the board! :D

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi all, am really hoping someone can help me on this. I am looking to buy a cheapish tablet for my daughter.
I have seen a few around my price range, my question is regarding flash player. The tablets I have seen support 10.1 but looking at the games/sites my daughter uses these require flash 10.3 Can somebody please tell me if this is an easy upgrade. The tablet I have in mind is :

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace or

http://www.ebellking.com/android-tablet/7-inch-tablets/7-android-2-3-tablet-1080p-4gb-1ghz-cpu-christmas-gift

C
ould somebody please point me in the right direction, as you can see from the links my budget is low and I am clueless :confused: .......not even sure I have posted this in right place.

Thankyou
Hi desilva2912, welcome to the forum. maybe you can have a look at this one for £96 with shipping in our site: 7 Inch Capacitive Screen Android 2.3OS Tablet PC with Amlogic Cortex A9 Processor - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
it comes with android 2.3, Amlogic CORTEX A9 1GMHZ processor, five-point capacitive touch screen, and it can support Flash 10.4 & Skype video chat. I think your daughter will love it!:) welcome!

Last edited:

desilva2912

Dec 6, 2011
Hi thanks for your advice, will have a look into these options. May main question is though, can flash 10.1 be upgraded to 10.3 on any tablet, or are there certain requirements on processors etc.

jwill

Dec 19, 2011
Hello,

Did you order a tablet from ebellking.com in the end? I am considering ordering from them but cannot find any information on the supplier.

Thanks

cpt_noob

Dec 15, 2011
Hi thanks for your advice, will have a look into these options. May main question is though, can flash 10.1 be upgraded to 10.3 on any tablet, or are there certain requirements on processors etc.

unfortunately, android flash and regular flash are very different. games. (especially face book type games) have problems running with android flash. you can get flash 11 for free from the market, but don't expect everything to work. In fact, expect very little to work, that way when something actually does, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

but there is a solution. thare are a zillion android apps, and whatever game that is online, there is probably an android version of it. also, look into emulators. a 1ghz processor is pretty fast, and you can do a lot with it. My favorite so far is the N64oid that plays most of the nintendo 64 games perfectly. For more than one player, you can hook up a bluetooth gamepad (or 4) and hook it up to your hdmi tv.

you should also look into getting something with 2.3.4, and NOT 2.2, there is a huge difference in what the two can do. gingerbread brought alot of upgrades 2.2 was still kinda crappy towards flash, where 2.3.4 was getting a little better.

the tablets can do alot of things... but unfortunately, flash games just isn't one of them. (not sure if ICS is any better)

Last edited: