CMP741e Newbie - Can I put a web shortcut on the desktop?

LouSander

Feb 21, 2013
I just bought one of these slick/inexpensive gadgets. (I also have an iPad, but no Android devices.)

Basically what I want to do with it is to access Wikipedia, so I can search for stuff. I'd like to do it with one click from the desktop.

Can I set up a desktop shortcut to get to the Wikipedia login page?

If so, how do I do it?

LouSander
Pittsburgh, PA
Bought it at a drugstore!

LouSander

Feb 21, 2013
That looks good, but I am so new to this that I don't know where to begin. I'm a pretty advanced computer person, but totally new to this tablet. The little instruction book just shows how to set it up, and I don't know anything more at all. I'm sure I could get Google Play, if I only knew where to begin.

I'm a reasonably skilled user of my iPad, and there are similarities here, but of course it is a different operating system.

I think I might need to get a book about Android, but I don't even know that for sure. Can you give me a little guidance?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I think I might need to get a book about Android

Hello Lou, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Craig tablet. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. To get started, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning for some good general information about tablets and Android.

If you have difficulty accessing the Playstore, the app Rowdyeh recommended is also available on Amazon. Just click this link https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000626391&ref_=amb_link_363093842_2 and follow the instructions to install the Amazon Appstore if it's not already installed on your tablet. Then click Amazon.com: Wikipedia: Appstore for Android to install the Wikipedia app.

Enjoy your new tablet and the forum!

LouSander

Feb 21, 2013
Thanks for the lead! I glanced at the Q&A section, and it looks like exactly what I need. I'll spend time on it today and over the weekend.