Coby 7015 Mic???

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Used "z-device test" app from the android market to see what all was really on this thing....shows to have a mic.... actually gives feedback that it's working briefly before it force closes...
Did a search here and found no mention of it... is it just my tablet malfunctioning or is it a common known issue?... if so... does anyone have an info on development?

sent from my Coby mid7015...

Jimbotronics

Jan 11, 2011
Don't know much about "z-device test," but the Market has a free app called "Virtual Recorder" by andro iX that actually uses the mic to turn the tablet into a voice recorder. It's a little tricky to get the input level right (need to turn the "pre-amp" way down, but once the basics are worked out, it works reasonably well. The tiny hole for the mic is located on the side of the tablet next to the earphone jack.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Yes I also found this mic. I didn't think there was one because all the Voice Applications, search etc, seemed not to work.
But yes there is a mic and I have used Gstrings, an instrument tuner, with great success. A really good app for those musicians.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Hmmmm.... I'd love to get this thing working for voice input/speech to text on this tablet.. that'd be awsome.. typing is a bit of a chore on a resistive touch screen... I'll look in to it...

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Voice capability for searching etc would be a really nice tool. but I suspect that the Market tools for this are tied to the phone OS hooks and that is why they don't work.
Just a guess.
If you have the Market installed try the CAR HOME app VOICE SEARCH. It gives a FC with process.com.google.android.voicesearch error

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Yeah.. keep getting the same errors with the voice to text opption on the keyboard,... even tried another keyboard thinking it might be the one ported in with the build... no luck... same error on google voice search too...

Jimbotronics

Jan 11, 2011
Most of these Android apps are written in Java, which is supposed to be a cross-platform language, but my guess is that there may be some significant differences, at least at the machine language level and maybe higher, between working with a telephone and coding for a tablet with a microphone. I had to download three different recording apps before I found one that would work. The most popular freebie began with a self test, which my Coby flunked in about two seconds. Someone at Google said Android wouldn't be targeted to tablets until version 3.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Right hand side where all the connections are. Between the HDMI port and the headphone jack. Small hole.

knollster

Feb 16, 2011
Just like to shout out and say that Skype works perfectly. I used the Skype Test Call service and the recording played back sounds crisp and clear.

psadmin

Mar 2, 2011
Don't know much about "z-device test," but the Market has a free app called "Virtual Recorder" by andro iX that actually uses the mic to turn the tablet into a voice recorder. It's a little tricky to get the input level right (need to turn the "pre-amp" way down, but once the basics are worked out, it works reasonably well. The tiny hole for the mic is located on the side of the tablet next to the earphone jack.

hi...the virtual recorder work! i was just wondering where is the recorded voice being stored... can't find it but the application says it's in the /sdcard/virtual recorder!!!

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Try /nand/<app_path>, where app_path is the path it told you to look, minus the /sdcard part.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
Google Voicesearch Force Closing

Hello all.

I've been having a problem with voicesearch force closing on me with my Coby 7015.

It is a 2.1 android with the manfacture update, rooted, clockworked and with the market and google apps installed.

Everytime, I press the microphone button on the google quick search bar/widget on my home screen the voicesearch process is force closing.

I have searched the internet for the fix and have downloaded and installed several voicesearch.apk's but the problem still persists.

In addition, I read that I needed to have the voicesearch.apk in my system/app directory and even though I moved the the voicesearch.apk to it, I was still getting the force close issue.

Does anybody know a fix for this?

Thanks.​