Coby 7015 will not update to 7015A

vogeldude

Sep 25, 2011
Followed the directinonts to "T" per Cobys PDF it tells me it updated from SD but when I check my settings , about device. I am seeing Model number MID7015, Firmware version 2.6.29 Root android 2.1, Build number MID7015 1.6_20101124-3. Also I am trying to root using z4root.1.3.0 goes through installing but when I got to Permanent Root it just sitts there and the center wheel spins let it sit for hours and never goes any farther. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Asgard

Sep 22, 2011
Anyone else having this same issue?
I havent because the Kyros I bought was already 7015A. I found this post from here:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...67-kyros-7015-firmware-version.html#post28254
Many people test with Raging Thunder from AppsLib 3D Games.
If the tablet (steering wheel) turns the car right when you turn right - you're up to date. If the car turns left when you turn right - you need the update.
Have fun.

Try it out to see if you did update. If the update didnt work, then maybe reset your device to factory settings and try again.

Im not sure whats wrong with z4root. Are you following any guides to root your tablet to get Android Market? If so, which one are you following?