Coby 7024 stuck on Android logo Please help!

battery360

May 27, 2011
Ok so I rooted the device and everything was fine. I was looking Root Explorer and found the /System/apps folder and within it, some of the useless apps that came with the 7024 (as the uninstall option was grayed out in the application manager in settings). Now I wasn't sure how this would affect the tablet I just moved them to /sdcard, checked the menu and they were gone. So everything was going well. I moved the stock reader app and the eMusic app and they vanished from the menu.
This is where I screwed up. I tried to get rid of the "Getting Started" app, and looking through the list of apps, the closest name I found was "Launcher2.apk". Wrong.
After moving it I found that my menu was missing (home key didn't do anything). Pressing back repeatedly brought me to a black screen. I held the home key (bringing up my recently used apps) opened root explorer and moved it back. Alas, it didn't do anything. So I figured it might help if I rebooted. Now it just hangs on the shiny Android logo (not the coby logo).

TLDR; I moved Launcher2.apk (and moved the back), wrecking the OS. It hangs on the android logo.
I can access the Coby Update thing by holding menu + power when it boots up so I guess there's still hope for recovery.
Are there any recovery rom's or a link to the stock rom anywhere? (Could someone post their dump?)

The kicker: I leave for Europe in 2 days. Any help or links would be GREATLY appreciated!

battery360

May 27, 2011
is there a way to make an update.zip with instructions to look to the external sdcard to install another rom?

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
If you can access update what about restore? If you can get to restore just restore to factory default. I believe it is volume down + power to get to restore.

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
If you can access update what about restore? If you can get to restore just restore to factory default. I believe it is volume down + power to get to restore.

Hope u didnt brick your tablet like i did. Try to restore as dave said

Sent from my MID7024 using Tapatalk

battery360

May 27, 2011
Before reading this I went into the update menu and hit home (I forget exactly what the prompt was, I think it was about recovery), did its thing, "makeing partitions". After that it didn't respond to down+power. No option for the recovery menu, just the update one. So I just stuck on FW 0506 Gingerbread 2.3 (Haipad M7 compatible for Herotab C8) from here. Camera doesn't work and I don't have a home button (home button acts as a second back button :/), but aside from that everything works.
Don't suppose anyone know how to fix my home button?

Thanks for the input guys!