Coby Kyros 7012 Android Market

kingidea

Nov 8, 2011
Is it Possible to Get the Real Android Market on the New Coby Kyros 7012?

Or if I root it will that damage my unit or get me the app market?

Thanks for any help I am stuck with Amazon market and thats useless but better then applib

billbowers

Nov 9, 2011
Yes...you must be rooted to do it though. Rooting a kyros is pretty easy. There are a few tutorials out there.

kingidea

Nov 8, 2011
Appreciate the help maybe a push in the right direction.
A link?
Should I be using Gingerbreak or something else?
do I need to run something before I root?

Thanks again for anyone who helps

kingidea

Nov 8, 2011
Thanks I have the Market running and I am very happy. If you root can you run flash or is Coby 7012 android 2.3 800 processor to slow

kingidea

Nov 8, 2011
Let me know if anyone gets flash to work on this tablet or if its even possible

Thanks in advance this forum rocks!

ResidentEvil

Nov 6, 2011
I have been trying to get adobe flash to load too nothing yet

Sent from my MID7012 using Android Tablet Forum

james67

Dec 9, 2011
I just got this unit mid7012 to watch you tube vid's on the go .. After searching all over the web for Adobe Flash player for this .. It was a no go .. went to look in the box for some paper work to se if any info was sent with it .. There it was on the bottom of the box stating .. DOES NOT SUPPORT ADOBE FLASH VIDEO PLAYBACK .. But it says on the back .. watch you tube videos .. How .. ?? .. is there some other flash to use with this tablet .. ?? .. Any help would be greatly appreciated ..

slycoby13

Nov 25, 2011
the coby 7012 is similar to samsung moment cell phone! the processor 800mhz is not made for adobe but the coby 7012 comes with the lite flash player!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You should be able to watch YouTube videos using built-in web browser or 3rd party ones that support HTML5, or download the official YouTube app (also uses streaming in MP4 format AFAIK).

NWteche

Feb 6, 2012