Coby Kyros 7036

alliejovi

Dec 26, 2012
Hi everyone. I found this forum and am hoping someone can help me. I have been reading on how to root to get google play but something is not working right for me. I have 2 of these tablets I got for my kids. I am trying to get apps on there like games they have been playing on my iPhone and even have them be able to watch some of their tv shows they also have been watching on my iPhone. Now will this not work if I dont have an sd card? Can I root with plugging the device onto my laptop? I really don't just want Get Jar because they don't have what I am looking for.

Thanks for looking and I hope someone can help me.

Allie

Last edited:

alliejovi

Dec 26, 2012
yes thanks so much. I have been trying to follow that post direction but I dont know what I am doing wrong

Dec 13, 2012
be specific as to whats wrong? error messages, maybe a print screen.
if you read the post above its pretty simple to root the 7036. Also, you dont need an external sd card , you can connect to your pc via usb and copy the update.zip file directly to the internal drive on the 7036

alliejovi

Dec 26, 2012
I think I am doing it right but either I am not knowing how to save it to the sd card on the tablet (I found one) or something isnt right when I go to install it. I keep getting the andriod lying down with with the error triangle and it is says e:failed to open/nand/update.zip No such file or directory. when i save the file do I extract it on my laptop? and i try to rename it but it wont let me.
I am new to the tablet world I also have a kindle fire but that one is easy to use. I just got for my kids who are young this coby one to start them off. it is the coby kyros mid7036-4
I guess I just dont know how to move thing from my computer to tablet. any help would be great.

Dec 13, 2012
no dont extract the zip file, save to c drive and renme to update.zip
connect tablet via supplied usb and tablet will prompt you to turn onusb file sharing
when you do, you will notice a new drive on your pc (under say my computer).
it may be drive E or F ....copy update.zip from pc to tablet