Coby Kyros 9742 Dead

dixydan

Dec 17, 2012
Guys, I just want to start of apologizing for what might seem at first a stupid thread.

Basically I have a good knowledge of computers but very poor android. I wanted to add googleplay to my tablet and using the livesuite method as you probably guessed already i managed to brick my tablet :cool: (well done me!!!) When turning on it just dies after the android logo. I have tired re doing it a few times but still no luck. I have also tried the hardware reset but that doesn't do anything either.

I'm running windows 8 but i have access to a windows xp computer if that helps?

It wouldn't be such a problem but its actually a xmas present for my family and all I actually wanted to do was just install a few extra games and apps and Im stuck in this mess!

All I want to know is can it be fixed and how? Im happy to go back to original state with no playstore but i just want it working again! Ive been reading up on the forums and I just cant get my head round it all. I keep seeing is abbreviations such as ADB, CWM. I know what CWM stands for and i downloaded the 9742 recovery files for CWM from Vampirefo. But would someone please just help me and tell me how I can get it working again if possible.

If someone can provide a simple step my step instructions to get it working i can ensure you i will make it worth your time with a donation.

Feel free to tell me i'm stupid and should have read more into it because I know I should have but I just want it working otherwise its a very expensive paper weight.

Thank you for time reading this and like I said I really hope it can be fixed.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
An XP computer is a good thing as ADB (Android Debug Bridge or Android Development Bridge) doesn't work under Windows 8 if I recall. Unfortunately, you used Livesuite, which completely rewrites everything. Trying to use the Windows root utility afterward is likely to permanently brick the tablet.

Either continue playing with Livesuite or get your tablet exchanged for a new one. Then come back and we will work with you on rooting the tablet. But...take some time and learn about the tools Google provides first before doing so.

blanksart

Aug 14, 2012
Hi,
I got the following idee, set your tablet to factory setting and then download, 1mobile market (work as googleplay for all application) Goodluck.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
He bricked his tablet, thus your suggestion doesn't apply. Further, if he doesn't want to root I would recommend Amazon over 1Mobile. Plus, I question its legality.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
An XP computer is a good thing as ADB (Android Debug Bridge or Android Development Bridge) doesn't work under Windows 8 if I recall. Unfortunately, you used Livesuite, which completely rewrites everything. Trying to use the Windows root utility afterward is likely to permanently brick the tablet.

Either continue playing with Livesuite or get your tablet exchanged for a new one. Then come back and we will work with you on rooting the tablet. But...take some time and learn about the tools Google provides first before doing so.

ADB works perfectly for me in Windows 8. In fact, everything that works (programs drivers) on Win 7 works on Win 8 for me.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
My guess it's legal one can download the app from playstore.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.onemobile.lite.android
But as you pointed out won't help the op.
Availability of an app on Google Play is not an indicator of legitimacy. For example, I know for a fact 1Mobile offers Root Explorer for free when it's paid on Google Play. The terms of service for use of 1Mobile naturally require that the content be your own, and that 1Mobile shall be held harmless in the case that the uploaded content isn't your own. Therefore, it's rather easy to offer warez on the site. There is no indicator as to who uploaded an app to 1Mobile, which provides a level of anonymity that the Play Store does not have.

*dons moderator hat*
We have to think of the site in general, and warez are prohibited. At this moment 1Mobile links can be posted here, however the poster is responsible for ensuring that the app is truly free, by checking it against Google Play. Thus the standard in the Generation 3 forums is rather simple: if the app is not free on Google Play the "free" link may not be posted here, subject to the following exceptions.

• The link being posted is an official Google Play or Amazon Appstore link.
  • The link being posted is from a site that has an explicit arrangement whereby the app is offered for free.
If anyone has comments about this, PM me.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
ADB works perfectly for me in Windows 8. In fact, everything that works (programs drivers) on Win 7 works on Win 8 for me.
I don't have Windows 8 and don't want it anywhere near my main computers, so I wouldn't know that. I may get it for my roommate's Dell Inspiron Duo since that has a touch screen, but that's it.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I don't have Windows 8 and don't want it anywhere near my main computers, so I wouldn't know that. I may get it for my roommate's Dell Inspiron Duo since that has a touch screen, but that's it.

One nice feature is the ability to load Windows 8 on a usb drive. Its called Windows To Go and allows me to take my Windows 8 system and all my settings/ programs to any bootable x86 computer with my 16 gb usb flash drive.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
One nice feature is the ability to load Windows 8 on a usb drive. Its called Windows To Go and allows me to take my Windows 8 system and all my settings/ programs to any bootable x86 computer with my 16 gb usb flash drive.

So its like a Linux lived?

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
So its like a Linux lived?

Lol. yep, Windows finally got around to it. They have had the ability to set up a usb bootable install disk since Winows 7. But this is a full install. Runs just like on internal hard drive. My favorite usb bootable is LPS Linux from the USAF. You can load it and pull the usb drive out of the computer after it loads. Its got flash built in.

Last edited: