Coby Kyros Browser

raiderlb

Dec 28, 2010
Hi, I have the Kyros MID7015. Looking for help with the web browser. There are a couple of sites I go to for work where it needs to open an additional window after I log in and with the built in browser it will not do this. I’m not sure why. I would like to try another browser but I have not been able to find a site that would allow me to download one, whether it be from my computer or tablet. I have not been able to link to AppsLib for 2 days. Here are some of the things I have done so far with my tablet. Upgraded the firmware, installed a file manager, installed Flash 10.1 and installed z4root. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Obviously get the Google market installed if you can.

Skyfire for android is probably a worthwhile bet for you. Ill see if I can find you an APK to install on your device in the meantime.

Ill have to switch to my desktop to do so, so give me a little bit. :)

Sent from my MID7015 using Android Tablet Forum App

EDIT: Here is the link to the Skyfire.apk file on MediaFire. Just download the apk and transfer it to the ROOT of your microSD card. Install using a file manager, just navigate to your SD card where the app is located and choose the install file.

(If you have no microSD card just connect your device to the computer "mount" the internal storage and transfer the file to the root of your storage)

Last edited:

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Interesting agreement:
"When you use the Browser, Skyfire has access to, and in many cases will monitor, your Browser Usage"
Does your work connection object to being monitored by Skyfire?
You do know you can have multiple windows with the default browser don't you?
Long click on the link (2 seconds) and a pop-up asks if you want to open in a new window.

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
The default browser also has an option in settings to allow "pop-ups", let me know if you want to know how to navigate to it.

raiderlb

Dec 28, 2010
Thank you both for your input. Ridgeland I did not know about the long click which will be helpful. I do think part of my issue is the lack of pop-ups, so yes BKenny I would like to know how to do this. Thanks again