Coby Kyros HELP

arthur1z

Feb 7, 2011
Hello everybody, i'm new at the forum and I'm from Brazil, so sorry about my english..

This is the data of my Android:

Model number: MID7015
Firmware version: 2.1-update1
Kernel version: 2.6.29 Root android 2.1
Build number: MID7015 1.6a_20101105-2
after update the same except:
Build number: MID7015 1.6a_20101124-3

I need help if me Android:
1- What does ROOT means? It's good do it?
2- I can't watch youtube videos, what i do to watch it?
3- I can't listen to a FM RADIO SITE, it says that i haven't the thing to listen, where i download it?
4- I need uptade again or this is the last update?

Thank's everybody

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
He has updated. There is not an fm tuner in the tablet. Please see the ultimate guide thread for rooting instructions.

arthur1z

Feb 7, 2011
I did the download, but, my notebook have just a place to put a bigger SD card, mine card is the micro SD, is too small, I'm afraid to put it in the big hole and can't take it off anymore, any help? :s

M in KC

Jan 12, 2011
I would advise against tryin gto fit a micro SD card into a standard SD card slot. Wierd. I would suggest that you need purchase a micro sd card adapter to make your micro SD card standard size. Wonder why you have the standard size SD card slot rather than the micro. In the market is an app called, intune radio I believe. For what its worth it works well as an FM radio listening site. I even use it as my weather radio.

arthur1z

Feb 7, 2011
hmm Thank you so much
I found a site that explain how to update via USB, i will try it, and edit this post here if the result

thank you people= )

EDIT:

So, i did the ROOT! i made it

1- what i should do now? still following the guide?
2- What is GOOGLE EXPERIENCE" PACKAGE?

thank you guy's, waiting for more help

Last edited:

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
The big thing about becoming a member in any forum is reading. Alot of answers to your questions will/can be answered if you search. I can't see where you would put a SD card in unless your trying to put it in the HDMI port. This tablet only takes Micro SD cards. l_n stated that you already have the update installed.

arthur1z

Feb 7, 2011
I didn't understood, i'm saying that my noteboke have only a bigger entry for SD's, i need adaptor, i really looked in forums, and i didn't found a lot of informations like here, but thank you anyway

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I didn't understood, i'm saying that my noteboke have only a bigger entry for SD's, i need adaptor, i really looked in forums, and i didn't found a lot of informations like here, but thank you anyway

Read the stickies at the top. They are full of useful information. Also use the search feature.

Yes, to read your MicroSD in your laptop you'll need an adapter. Most cards come with one these days.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
just don't lose it like i did....

Better the adapter than the card! I almost lost mine this morning-I was putting it back in the Kyros (I can't find the USB cable and none of the dozen other ones I have fit) and my finger slipped..the card shot across the room like a slingshot! LOL!