coby kyros mid 7024 freezing and screen turns white

microzee

May 11, 2011
Hello I am using steevs latest alldro2 version 1.3. Whenever i play a game that requires 3d graphics every once in a while it will just freeze and all these vertical white lines will appear. I didnt really care about it until i downloaded modern combat 3. It happens alot when i play this game. The only way to get rid of the white lines is to hold down the power, reset it, or just wait and it will automatically shut down the tablet. Any ideas?

The first game i noticed it on was glwg (great little war game)
other than these games it rarely happens to other 3d games.

Oh and i tried using chainfire3d but it didnt fix the probs.

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
When that happens it usually mean the game is pushing the gpu too hard. When I tried GTA 3 on my 1024 it would get to the option scren and start flcikering, when I chose to start the game it would show the loading, then I would get the vertical line and the screen would fade to white.. You could try Something like Chainfire 3d but i think the games are probably just too much for your tab.

microzee

May 11, 2011
Atleast someone else has the same problem. But isnt there something you can do like overclock the graphics card or tweak the kernel?

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
Atleast someone else has the same problem. But isnt there something you can do like overclock the graphics card or tweak the kernel?

As I understand it you have to have a kernel that supports overclocking. As far as I know non of the x024 roms support it.