Coby Kyros MID-7034-4 Root/GAPPS Script

jjjacer

Nov 18, 2012
As there is no real guide just for this device to root it and install GAPPS i decided to make one after successfully doing it on my tablet. I would like to thank vampirefo for the info on doing adb gapps install that was in another post which helped my get mine working and thanks for the rooting script by Bin4ry as its the only one i got to work on the tablet.

Ive modified and uploaded Bin4ry's rooting script to install GAPPS and included all the files that should be needed to do this. installing this should be simple, unzip to desktop, put tablet into usb dev mode, run the runme script (both linux and windows batch files) and then root the tablet, rerun script after rebooting tablet to install gapps.

http://3bpcs.us/downloads/MID7034-4 Root GAPPS.zip

Please let me know if there is any bugs or issues, or if you have any other questions

Jasper J

popinman322

Nov 24, 2012
The .sh file references stuff/busybox, which should be stuff/install/busybox. Otherwise, the root script was good.

The GApps installer portion of the script references stuff/adb.exe, which should be stuff/adb. It did succeed though.

Also, I had to move to an Ubuntu VM to get ADB to work on the tablet, where might I find the driver(s) required to use ADB straight from Windows? (Just the normal Google USB drivers?)

Last edited:

jjjacer

Nov 18, 2012
might be able to install adb drivers in windows with superoneclick rooting app, it wasnt able to root the kyros but it did have the drivers for adb. also the rooting script itself should have used everything in /stuff/ as that is how Bin4ry had it, the gapps was my addition and that was in /stuff/install, so doing the gapps install would copy from /stuff/install. however all the rooting stuff should just be in /stuff/ and i didnt modify any of the code for that part

cm.stites

Nov 26, 2012
cant seem to get it to go past the daemon started succesfully screen. any ideas on what i might try?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
...where might I find the driver(s) required to use ADB straight from Windows? (Just the normal Google USB drivers?)
There is a link to them in the development index and root utility sticky at the top of the Generation 3 Development forum. Look in the post regarding the root utility.

cm.stites

Nov 26, 2012
when i run the script and click option 1 i get this pushing busybox.... cannot stat " stuff/busybox"; no such file or directory

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Details?

You've told us what the error is, but not told us where the error occurs.

irokc13

Nov 27, 2012
After resetting data sorry I'm at work and will have more details later tonight if you need more

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
i have tried all the steps the automated script runs on my linux box through ./adb including the use of fakebackup.ab and still cant get a root shell

irokc13

Nov 27, 2012
$problem.JPG so here is my problem

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
Wouldn't you need root to move it
no within the root utility filestructure on your pc
mv ../stuff/install/busybox ../stuff/busybox
judging by your screencap you there is another error with in the script

**** here dl this https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbhyntbfddb36qp/RunMe.bat and replace the .bat in you utility directory..... it looks like the c error is because it is supposed to be a shell command but busybox was never pushed.

Last edited:

cm.stites

Nov 26, 2012
got mine working today... definetly make sure you have the files downloaded straight to the desktop and not to a folder on the desktop.. and also make sure that adb.exe is not running before trying to install the google apps after rooting.