Coby Kyros MID7015 Graphics Fix (Angry Birds, Others)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
This is only meant to be applied to be Coby MID7015 stock firmware, or custom firmware based on the original shipping MID7015 firmwares. If this is flashed on another Telechips device, it may very well result in a bootloop (such as the M701).

This update.zip contains a fixed GPU driver (mali.ko). It is meant to be applied in recovery mode, and fixes graphical texture problems in the Coby MID7015 shipping firmware in games such as Angry Birds.

You are not expected to lose any data with this patch, but please Nandroid to be safe.

Requirements
Coby Kyros MID7015
Clockworkmod recovery installed, or device rooted
Root required VM Heap Tool is to be used

Download

Download universal version here
md5sum 7D571762481B3B3A5A19A69E1AFE9399
This just replaces mali.ko, not build.prop, may require manual dalvikvm heapsize edit.

You might be able to use VM Heap Tool (XDA) (Android Market) to set your heapsize to the recommended 24m.

Download here for Watery Kyros 1.2b
md5sum 73BF418EDC9A93CFAA575141B9990452
This update.zip contains a fixed GPU driver (mali.ko) and a tweaked build.prop with LCD density set to 200 as in Watery Kyros, and dalvikvm is 24m. It is meant to be applied in recovery mode, and fixes graphical texture problems in the Coby MID7015 shipping firmware in games such as Angry Birds. Should also work on a fresh 7015A.

Installation

To install,
Place the file onto your sdcard, then reboot to clockworkmod recovery
To install in recovery mode, select 'install zip from sdcard', and select 'choose zip from sdcard' to proceed.

You can use adb to push mali.ko to the location /system/lib/modules/ manually. Also make sure that your /system/build.prop has the property: dalvik.vm.heapsize=24m

Documented here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...lopment/10869-fix-mali200-grafics-issues.html

All credits to sidenet (android pad)

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
One tip: if you start seeing force closes on boot after this, increase dalvik.vm.heap in build.prop to 32 or 48. This value is the memory allotted to each instance of the java virtual machine. Hopefully this won't cause any issues with the graphics driver.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
This update.zip contains a fixed GPU driver (mali.ko) and a tweaked build.prop with LCD density set to 200 as in Watery Kyros, and dalvikvm is 24m. It is meant to be applied in recovery mode, and fixes graphical texture problems in the Coby MID7015 shipping firmware in games such as Angry Birds.

This patch targets users of Watery Kyros. It has not yet been verified to work with the MID7015. No warranties provided. Only meant for the MID7015 with Clockworkrecovery installed.

We want people to test this patch.

Nandroid to be safe.

You are not expected to lose any data with this patch.

Download here
md5sum 73BF418EDC9A93CFAA575141B9990452

To install,
Place the file onto your sdcard, the reboot to recovery
To install in recovery mode, select 'install zip from sdcard', and select 'choose zip from sdcard' to proceed.

Documented here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...lopment/10869-fix-mali200-grafics-issues.html

All credits to sidenet (android pad)

Would we need to set permissions on this file? I don't see that in the updater script.

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
You guys this works fantastic even on stock 2.1. Glad to see you have hooked up with Fun_, he is a good resource. I did boost up to 32 instead of 24.

Thanks

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

Stoned99

Dec 8, 2010
so cool! It works! Awesome! Thanks!

I thought it might also fix the issue of the picture of friends not showing in Facebook but in vain... but I'm more happy that Angry birds now works!

Thanks again

l_n you should apply this in your next build.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Already planning on it.

brackett7

Feb 25, 2011
Works great. I left the build.props file alone for now

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
Nice patch. Thank you!

Sent from my Kyros 7015 using the Android Tablet Forum App powered by Tapatalk.

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
OMFG! BEST THING EVER I LOVE U!!!!!!!!!, if this is just the beta will there be a better version?!?!? Very awesome ty i can finally enjoy angry birds

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
It was labeled beta because we had no guinea pigs to test before posting.