Coby Kyros Mid7015A

johngod

Aug 31, 2013
Hello,
I'm new to the tablet industry. Please be patent with me.

I was given this Coby MID7015A.

I haven't been able to use it.
Keeps coming up with, Web page not available.
No matter what site I try to go on.
My pc is fine, so is my cell phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-You,
johngod

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi johngod, congratulations on your Coby MID7015A and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I've had that happen whenever I'm on a very weak WiFi connection. Try going somewhere and testing it on another WiFi and see if that's the problem. Also, I'm moving your thread to the Coby Generation 1 forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you get it working properly. Good luck!

johngod

Aug 31, 2013
Hi johngod, congratulations on your Coby MID7015A and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I've had that happen whenever I'm on a very weak WiFi connection. Try going somewhere and testing it on another WiFi and see if that's the problem. Also, I'm moving your thread to the Coby Generation 1 forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you get it working properly. Good luck!

Thank-You--No, I go to both my daughters houses and get the same thing with the wifi.....

larryb

Apr 24, 2011
I have the same issue. My 7015A has not been used in about a year. I decided to try to use it for a MP4 player. I am connected to my router and have confirmed it in my settings.

Even if I try to go to the APP store and download a APP, it will not ever complete the uploading of the APP's. It just sits there and then times out.

I have done a system reset but that didnt help either.

The only thing that I have changed has been my router.

Does anyone know what the router protocall is the the colby.

My thought is I may have a router that has a different 802.11 format than the colby.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I don't have the device myself, but it should have b and g. Nothing else.

larryb

Apr 24, 2011
I don't have the device myself, but it should have b and g. Nothing else.

Thanks for the response. Trying to get help for this old table is getting hard to find.

my new router is a wireless N router. It might be the issue of not backward compatable with B and G (older versions)

I think what I will do is put the old router on and see what happens.

Thanks again

Larry

larryb

Apr 24, 2011
Thanks for the response. Trying to get help for this old table is getting hard to find.

my new router is a wireless N router. It might be the issue of not backward compatable with B and G (older versions)

I think what I will do is put the old router on and see what happens.

Thanks again

Larry

Well, I just read the user manual for the Coby and it states:

Router must have B and G capabilities.

I then read the router specs and it only has N support.

Now looking for a cheap used router......