Coby Kyros MID7038

thigomes

Mar 31, 2013
Hi guys,

I have just registered myself with the site and would require some help with my tab.

Recently I have purchased a tab for my son its COBY KYROS MID7038, ANDROID VERSION 4.1.1, KERNEL VERSION 3.0.36, BUILD NO. 20130304.111757

I would like to install google apps with google play.

Pls help.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Welcome to the site. We moved your thread to the Coby Generation 4 forums, where you're more likely to get replies specific to your device.

pwinkee

Apr 7, 2013
how about downloading first the apk of the google play in your pc, then install it in your tablet, it works for my phone, i bet it will also work on your tablet

tommywright

Apr 11, 2013
In Qatar as well and bought a 7038-4 at Carrefour. How did you get Google Play to install? I just picked mine up this morning and it's charging now so I haven't even messed with it.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Upon review, I think I put this post in the wrong place. OP, are you positive you are running Jellybean? If so, how? None of the Generation 3 devices can run Jellybean.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You guys need to backup your system before making any modification to it.
Would be nice if you up load your backup so it could be used to help fix other 7038 tablets, cause their owners didn't bother to back them up.

dyames000

Apr 27, 2013
i guess no one seems to know how to properly root a mid 7038. am still looking for answers in rooting this device.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You know what people say about making assumptions?

There is a link to the root process for the 7038 in the sticky posts located in Generation 3 Development.

zcbtik

May 7, 2013
I know how to root 7038, I can help but before that can you upload your stock firmware? I need it to revive my tablet due to internal memory 0.00 size

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I know how to root 7038, I can help but before that can you upload your stock firmware? I need it to revive my tablet due to internal memory 0.00 size

How could they upload their stock rom? They would need to root their tablet before they could back it up.

zcbtik

May 7, 2013
How could they upload their stock rom? They would need to root their tablet before they could back it up.

oppppss my fault. I mean before that.. can TS upload the firmware?

I saw one on the mall last weekend there is a Jelly bean for this model.. I wish someone can upload..

@vampire - sorry for asking this, I am tired of searching, can I ask what again the most important img need to upload to retrieve the firmware? I believe it is boot.img, bootloader.img and what else?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You need system, What tablet do you have? How are you going to install any dumps?

Sent from my Coby MID7065 using Android Tablet

tommywright

Apr 11, 2013
Sorry to beat this dead horse. Can you post a link to the directions you mentioned for rooting the 7038? I just got back to the US and am trying to do more with this 7038. I have been attemtping every direction i find but have had not luck. I get everything done, open the Play Store and enter my email/password combo. When it communicates with the Google Servers and it keeps telling me the Google Services Framework has stopped and won't connect. I got Amazon App Store installed without any issues but Play Store is giving me fits. Tried the Gapps ROMs and none of them will install. When I try to run the update.zip file it tells me it's not a valid update file. I'm in need of some serious help and am tired of searching the forums honestly. About at my wits end.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Had you actually read the post you just quoted you would have realized that you didn't need to ask me for a link, since I told everyone where they could find it. It's up to you to actually look through the posts and read, because if you don't actually read and understand what you are doing you will turn your tablet into a brick. And with Coby out of business there's no way to replace it except through the place you bought it from.

By the way, we have this wonderful thing on the site called a search engine. If you really couldn't find the link for rooting the tablet you could always type something into the search engine and hit the enter key on your keyboard.