Coby Kyros MID8048 stuck on android screen

bhaizlett123

Apr 18, 2013
Hello,

I just turned on my tablet today and noticed it is stuck on the android screen when booting, and doesn't go anywhere from there, it stays stuck there for more than 2 hours and doesn't do anything. I tried to do the factory reset procedure by holding the power button and volume up button but no recovery screen ever comes up it just stays stuck there on that screen. Is there any other way to factory reset this tablet. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Unless you can get into recovery there is no way to do a factory reset. ADB won't help as I don't believe these tablets have a fastboot mode. If they do I'm sure someone will let you know.

AndrewRoed

May 1, 2012
Another blog writes:
The most common cause of a tablet getting stuck on the Android logo is that there is not enough battery power to complete the start-up process.

If your device wont startup or gets stuck on the Android / Loading screen please try charging your battery.

Press and hold the power button down for 10 seconds to ensure that the tablet is powered off.

Once you have done this then insert the charger and leave on charge for at least a few hours then try powering on again. You may need to charge for an additional period of time if the battery still shows as low once it has booted up.

Can anyone verify this as a possible solution?

Hello,

I just turned on my tablet today and noticed it is stuck on the android screen when booting, and doesn't go anywhere from there, it stays stuck there for more than 2 hours and doesn't do anything. I tried to do the factory reset procedure by holding the power button and volume up button but no recovery screen ever comes up it just stays stuck there on that screen. Is there any other way to factory reset this tablet. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Another blog writes:
The most common cause of a tablet getting stuck on the Android logo is that there is not enough battery power to complete the start-up process.

If your device wont startup or gets stuck on the Android / Loading screen please try charging your battery.

Press and hold the power button down for 10 seconds to ensure that the tablet is powered off.

Once you have done this then insert the charger and leave on charge for at least a few hours then try powering on again. You may need to charge for an additional period of time if the battery still shows as low once it has booted up.

Can anyone verify this as a possible solution?

This is not true, as one could simply plug in charger, I have never seen a low battery cause a tablet to bootloop, I have booted tablets and phones with 1% battery. battery doesn't cause bootloops. A bootloop uses battery power so if battery has enough power to bootloop it has enough power to boot.

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
i went under settings to do a factory reset once i did it reset but now its stuck on the bootloop on the android screen
Try with the key combination to go into recovery and do a factory reset or as tpaine stated clear data.