Coby Kyros MID8048 Stuck on Coby Logo

RiyoRitsu

May 31, 2013
So i was going to JUST FORMAT my tablet then i saw this WIPE DATA/FACTORYRESET, WIPE CACHE PARTITION, FORMAT CACHE/BOOT/SYSTEM/NAND/SDCARD. after i did that kabuooooum! im stock in COBY LOGO... anyone who can help me solve this problem? i know im stupid coz i did that thing that i really dont know what for... i guess its because of my curiosity... so can you also explain what that things above do? TIA.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
So i was going to JUST FORMAT my tablet then i saw this WIPE DATA/FACTORYRESET, WIPE CACHE PARTITION, FORMAT CACHE/BOOT/SYSTEM/NAND/SDCARD. after i did that kabuooooum! im stock in COBY LOGO... anyone who can help me solve this problem? i know im stupid coz i did that thing that i really dont know what for... i guess its because of my curiosity... so can you also explain what that things above do? TIA.

LOL, you killed the tablet.

You never format your tablet unless you have a good backup.

format /system means you have deleted your OS

format /nand means you have deleted your internal sdcard.

format /sdcard means you deleted everything on your sdcard

RiyoRitsu

May 31, 2013
LOL, you killed the tablet.

You never format your tablet unless you have a good backup.

format /system means you have deleted your OS

format /nand means you have deleted your internal sdcard.

format /sdcard means you deleted everything on your sdcard

OUTCH! nailed it! so i was hoping you could give me a cwm backup of a stock rom? please...
(i really dont know what my emotion is. i am laughing to my self because **** it! i just did what im not suppose to do and also feeling down and sad because it was broken/destroyed)

hey VAMP i am a big fan of yours i think you can help me with this... i read a lot of your thread and i think its common for you :D please CWM BACKUP OF STOCK FOR COBY KYROS MID8048.

(i think its forbidden to beg? lols) Loughing my self to this ahahahaha i am darn stupid! lols lols ahahahaha (sh*t happens (a lot))

RiyoRitsu

May 31, 2013
it seems no one uploaded a cwm stock backup for mid8048 yet... i read many forum thread already and they are all for mid7--- versions.... i cant find it anywhere =[

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Because neither a nandroid backup nor a system dump for your tablet exists. The only option is to exchange your tablet for a new one so you can make a system dump and help out other 8048 owners in doing so.

RiyoRitsu

May 31, 2013
Because neither a nandroid backup nor a system dump for your tablet exists. The only option is to exchange your tablet for a new one so you can make a system dump and help out other 8048 owners in doing so.

tnx for the info. i hope someone will be kind enough to do that... sorry for me the replacement warranty for my tablet has expired T_T only service warranty left...

and thanks TRAVELLER1701... tnx for helping =]. now i am looking for someone near/friend that has a coby =] tnx a lot.

creekz

Jun 25, 2013
Hello sir do you now have the cwm stock back.up for mid8048? Because I have the same problem now.. please help. :-( I also got format/system and nand. I have read many thread but none of them solve my problem. Big thanks to all who can help..

jerick_57

Nov 9, 2013
i had the same problem.. i can see that the last post for this thread was last june.does anyone have any solution to this problem?any dumps for 8048?mine only had 1 week replacement warranty and 1 year service warranty,i was wondering if having the tablet checked or diagnosed ,could the tech support for service warranty fix the problem.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Your 1-year service warranty, if issued by Coby, was voided when Coby went belly up back in August.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Your 1-year service warranty, if issued by Coby, was voided when Coby went belly up back in August.

Yes there are no more warranties on coby tablets, unless one bought a third party warranty.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet