coby kyros mid8120

bigdoe35

Dec 26, 2011
Why can i not download apps from the applib??! and is there any other place i can download apps from..I try to update the tablet but the website is down..I was very excited about purchasing these tablets--i bought two of them for two of my daughters.. i also bought a kindle fire which i have no problems with.. please help me with these coby tablets. this is very frustrating for me and very dissapointing for my two children who have the mid8120

ladulce

Dec 24, 2011
From what I have read, it appears that appslib is down. Even if you go to their site appslib.com, it says under maintenance. I have 4 children dealing with the same issue. It is annoying, but, apparently the same thing happened last Christmas- too many people trying to access. I guess it gradually comes back up.

tl4221

Dec 27, 2011
I received same model for X-mas and not been able to access Appslib. However, I was able to download Amazon App Store along with some free apps............

acdroid

Jan 13, 2012
Coby has made GetJar available to users which is the world's largest free app store.

Here are the simple and easy steps you need to follow.

ALL of Coby's Kyros user can easily install GetJar App Marketplace.

1. Using the tablet's browser enter: www.cobyusa.com/getjar-apk

2. In the top notifications bar, a user will notice download arrow. Slide the notifications bar down and click the notification.

3. If you miss the notification, go to Downloads, which may be found in the applications. Then click GetJar APK.

4. On the next GetJar install screen click install. When complete click Done. Then go to your applications and click the large "G" GetJar logo.

destnd2bgr8

Jan 13, 2012
is this tablet a good one to get started with? I don't need anything real fancy. I just want to have it as an option to pay games and movies at work during downtime instead of using my phone it taking my laptop.

Gypsyheart

Aug 16, 2016
Hello everyone. My wife has had a kyros mid8120 laying in a drawer for several years now. She was going to throw it out because she said it's useless. I told her I'd give it a shot but I'm inclined to agree with her. The AppsLib won't load, the browser continuously says every page has security issues and needs certificates, GetJar won't load because the tablet says "it won't open because there was trouble parsing packets". Is there any way I can use a laptop to put files onto the tablet to save it or is this tablet better off being tossed in the garbage like she had intended?

Footnote:I did a factory reset and it didn't improve the performance at all

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The AppsLib I assume is a Coby-ran app store, in which case it will never work, as Coby is out of business. The GetJar client is likely too old to interface with the current site, and of course this tablet doesn't have Google Play. While those issues can be overcome simply by either installing the Amazon Appstore or heading to APKMirror and downloading each app through the browser, there's the 800-lb. gorilla in the room: Android itself.

Your version of Android is 2.3.x, which is ridiculously old, being from 2010. A lot of apps currently available won't run on it, which would mean having to search for a version of a given app that could. This assumes of course that the app in question was old enough to have been around in 2010. Your best bet is to take the tablet to Best Buy and dump it in their recycling bins they have in the entrance. Then buy a more up-to-date tablet.

Gypsyheart

Aug 16, 2016
Thank you for your reply. Your last sentence pretty well summed up my thoughts in last 36 hours about it.