Coby kyros to Zenithink c71 to C91 Upgrade and very dissappointed

xtremeculture

Nov 30, 2011
My first tablet was a Coby kyros 8125 8incch with resistive screen and 2.3 and worked fine after solving the wifi problem. Then wanted a better screen and captouccve screen and purchase a C71. Came with ICS 4.0 and was all I expected but the 7 inch screen was to small for my liking. It work as expected, touchscreen was very responsive and resolution Hawas great and for $125.00 was just great. THEN I learn about the C91 upgrade that was similar to the c71 but with a 10 inch screen. It seem that was going to be the perfect tablet... so I purchase. After receiving the tablet... everything begun..
First the video in any program played without audio. After searching trough the forum found a link to a XML File that corrected this. Then begun to notice that touchscreen doesnt run as smoothly as in the c71. It appears that is something with the 4.0.3, the Touchscreen XML or the RAM or a combination. It need harder pressing than with the c71 on ICS 4.0
I contact zenithink without any response. So... I come back to the forum too see if someone has tried any of this...
Have anyone install the C71 ICS4.0 ROM in a C91 upgrade?? Will it be commpatible? Its available for download at zenithink. Have anyone compare the touchscreen xml from this roms to see if any error set them apart.
Hope that someone can comment at least some info...

Last edited:

xtremeculture

Nov 30, 2011
Update in the screen instability probllem, appears to be solved. Here's what I did... I was preparing for returning the tablet for an exchange. So... I did a factory reset to erase the apps and the account... so the order of images and windows in the screen was. First: appear theZTPad logo with space background. Seencod appear a robot with a blue star in the belly. Third appear the red ZTPad screen. Fourth appear the android loding animation and now come the interesting part... it open a window requesting to select one of two apps, I don't remmember the specific names but I selected the first one. The name was something com... blabla...default. After this ICS ended loading and the unlock screen appeared. Right away the touchscreen behave differently. Been using it for over two hour and no sign off the strange behavior. After this install the XML file foung in the netflix post and the tablet is working as it should. This post have been written in a 1/4 off the time it toke write yesterdays post. Hope this help. USb also tested and work without problems.
Seems that this tablets come with two programs for the touchscreen. One been default from the rom and other with bugs. The one with bugs comes from factory. That what I believe.

xtremeculture

Nov 30, 2011
Follow up post... been using the C91 Upgrade for last 3 days and been behaving just great. To the point that I tell you... I have fall in love with it.